FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

"Z" won't work for broadcasting

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Cyphoner

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:58 pm

"Z" won't work for broadcasting

After a couple of years i decided to join the boxing again and i installed the program, ran the wizard and set my bindings but for some odd reason the "Z" button won't work.

If i put it as the bind for Line Formation there is no response and if i remove it and use ingame move left/right/back it still won't do it.

Upon pressing Z ingame it seems to target the closest enemy using my attack skill, but that one is bound to "E" so i really don't get it. :(

Am i missin something here?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:52 pm

Re: "Z" won't work for broadcasting

Guessing you have an AZERTY layout.
Some games, (not looking at you EQ), don't map correctly when used with ISBoxer for technical reasons to do with the Direct Input API, so you end up needing to map the keys as though you have a QWERTY layout. In other words, the game will be functioning as though the layout is QWERTY, even if you map the keys in ISBoxer from your AZERTY layout.

If I remember it rightly, if you tell ISBoxer to send a Z, the game will be receiving a W, so you would need to tell ISBoxer to send a W to the game, and it will receive a Z.
<<

Cyphoner

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:17 pm

It's World of Drugcraft, just tried using F1 instead and it's not broadcasting that either :(
Using not using either black nor white list so it can't be that.

Now i'm simply changing the keybind in every wow client using F1 to strafe right, backwards, left and forward and none of them respond to the button :/
<<

bob

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:14 pm

Ok, lets get a compatibility diagnostic..
<<

Cyphoner

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:03 pm

Figured i could start with a https://www.zerobin.net/?9ab0106bc1f739 ... SIihV5Uoc=

Just in case i have done something wrong with it.. Just in case.. I am 34 after all..

Will do the other thing tomorrow.

It's really acting weird though, have to manually form toons for every single bossencounter, window by window :(
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:12 pm

ISBoxer uses Variable Keystrokes for formations, and, by default, it's going to use WASDQE as your movement keys. If you're using a keyboard with a different layout than QWERTY, or you don't use those particular keys for movement, then you're going to have to assign whatever keys you use for movement in the Variable Keystrokes section.
<<

bob

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:01 pm

And to add to what MiRai said, when you set something as a Movement Key, like your F1 mapped key (which you've hijacked the Shift+0 for), you need to set the "Hold any Keystroke Actions while this Hotkey is held" This is so ISBoxer holds the key down for movement, rather than just a single blip of a key press. Formations already do this (with the caveat of the default setup for the movement under the variable keystrokes), but you may find you need to slowly press and release for the toons to move to position.

Return to Key Maps