FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I would like a two-seater mount button

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Latakia

Post Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:27 pm

I would like a two-seater mount button

I'm very new to ISBoxer, and still don't know what I don't know. But all the videos and documentation is helping.

I would like to be able to push a button on any of my characters that, while my character (the one in the current window) is on a two-seat mount will make a targeted character jump on the mount. Extra credit if I can use the same button toggle to make that character exit the vehicle. I don't mind--it might be even better--if I have to push the button several times for each step.

So, I assume I would create or modify a custom key, and add a step that covers the targeting part. Would this be done by creating a macro in ISBoxer?

Then another step would simply be to make the targeted character interact with target to get on the mount.

I found another post that touches on what I want. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6833

"You need to target the mount in question, press an assist key so that your other team member(s) target it as well, and then press your Interact with Target Hotkey."

That sort of gets me what I want, but if I could assign it to a dedicated button press, like ctrl-alt-O for example, that would be great. Also, I'd like to be able to choose which character hops on the mount.

And then if there's a third step, for exit vehicle.

I'm at the early point in my journey where I don't know the best way to skin the cat. But I'm pretty sure the cat can be skinned. And if I could get some help creating this, I think it would help me learn some useful concepts.

Thanks in advance.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:19 pm

Re: I would like a two-seater mount button

Latakia wrote:
"You need to target the mount in question, press an assist key so that your other team member(s) target it as well, and then press your Interact with Target Hotkey."

That sort of gets me what I want, but if I could assign it to a dedicated button press, like ctrl-alt-O for example, that would be great.

Well, barring the limitations/additions below, if you have auto-assist enabled then you can simply target the mount on the character you're playing from, press your Interact with Target Hotkey, and the rest of the team will assist and interact with the mount. If you don't have auto-assist enabled then it's either going to take another key press (as quoted), or you can try setting something up yourself. I guess fastest way to set this up manually would be:

1) Copy the "Interact with Target - Standard" Mapped Key from the "ISB42 - Party" Key Map (right-click on the Mapped Key itself to copy it).
2) Paste it into the "ISB42 - Base Hotkeys" Key Map (right-click on the "Mapped Keys" in the lower left pane to paste it).
3) Assign a Hotkey (and rename it to something else if you'd like).
4) On the second Action of the first Step, change the Key Map entry to "ISB42 - WoW," and the Mapped Key entry to "Assist Me."

However, this is just so you can mount the multi-person mount.

Latakia wrote:Also, I'd like to be able to choose which character hops on the mount.

This isn't going to be something simple to do unless you set up a specific key combination for every single Slot in your Character Set. There isn't any way to put this into a single button because ISBoxer can't possibly know which character you wish to mount ahead of time.

If you want to get advanced, then you can set up several Click Bars (or a Menu) that tie into several different Mapped Keys, all pointing at different Slots of your Character Set. However, this isn't something that can be easily explained in a sentence or two, so, for now, I'm not going to take the time to explain how to do this.

Latakia wrote:And then if there's a third step, for exit vehicle.

Google points me to this:
Code:
/dismount [mounted]
/run if CanExitVehicle() then VehicleExit() end

Ultimately, I would guess you'd be looking at a four-step Mapped Key, and you could add a third step to the Mapped Key I mentioned above that would dismount you. The fourth step would be left empty so that the press/release execution of the Mapped Key wouldn't push it out of sync.

The above macro can either be created in ISBoxer under the Game Helper section, and then called via a New Named WoW Macro Action, or you could create it in game, bind it to a key, and simply send that key via a Keystroke Action in step three.

However (there's always a however), a setup like this isn't going to be entirely reliable since multi-step Mapped Keys reset to Step 1 every time you export from ISBoxer or re-launch the Character Set, and, by default, they don't stay in sync across each Slot (although this can be remedied with a Mapped Key Step Action).

I think I'll stop here and let you take this in. :)
<<

Latakia

Post Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:40 pm

Thanks Mirai. That all makes sense. I guess I overestimated what I could do. But everything you said helps, and I appreciate all the time you put into the answer.

By the way, I wanted to add that your videos are excellent. Both the instructional videos and the ones where you're just playing.
<<

WarMunky

Post Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:10 pm

Godbless you Posts of Christmas Past! Just what I was after it was driving me nuts having to do it manually! lol. And so simple, bonus points ;)

Return to Key Maps