FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Round Robin Loop

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gSe7eN

Post Wed May 17, 2017 5:02 pm

Round Robin Loop

I'd like to set up a hotkey to send 9 to all of my windows, round robin style. I currently have round robin through the group @all. However, I would also like to stop after the final character does the key even though I may still be spamming it. This could be pretty simple with multi-steps, but I have no idea idea how many characters I'll need to cycle through, sometimes a couple, sometimes 30. I had the bright idea to make step 1 round robin through @all, then step 2 to turn off that mapped key. Well, that didn't work, as you probably know, it just repeated from the last box to the first one again. So I removed the step, put the turn off keymap for self, which as you probably already know, killed the whole thing on the first key press. So what's the correct way(s) to do what I'm wanting to do?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed May 17, 2017 8:47 pm

Re: Round Robin Loop

The key to this is to use an Action Target Group which initially contains all the Characters you want to do the round robin and then to remove them from the Action Target Group, using Advanced Target Mechanics, as they do whatever you want them to do. This will require two Mapped Keys.

First, create the Action Target Group. I call mine "Temp" in this example.

Mapped Key 1: "Add all to ATG"
Action: Target Group Action
Target: Window: All w/ Current
Action Target Group: Temp
Join

You'll need to give the above Mapped Key a Hotkey (or some other activation method such as a Click Bar or Menu button) which you will need to press whenever you want to reset this behaviour.

Mapped Key 2: "Action exhausts ATG"
Action 1: Keystroke Action
Target: @Temp#1 (You will need to type this)
Key Combination: 9
Action 2: Target Group Action
Target: @Temp#1
Action Target Group: Temp
Leave

This second Mapped Key will have the Hotkey you want to spam.

Return to Key Maps