FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Setting up movement keys for slaves/minions - WoW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

UnloosedDisc

Post Fri May 05, 2017 7:42 pm

Setting up movement keys for slaves/minions - WoW

Greetings,

I am very new to ISBoxer & these forums so i do hope this question isn't too mediocre. Feel free to direct me somewhere else if this question has been answered. I am trying to setup movement keys that will move my slaves and not my master, i want to use the arrow keys as i use w,a,s,d to move my master. I really just have no idea where to go to create this kind of keymap/bind thing. Any help is greatly appreciated.
"Sorry if wrong section" - Me (Forum Noob)
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri May 05, 2017 11:07 pm

Re: Setting up movement keys for slaves/minions - WoW

The Quick Setup Wizard creates some Mapped Keys in the ISB42 - Base Hotkeys Key Map such as Others Turn Left, Others Turn Right. To use them, just set a Hotkey for each Mapped Key you want to use.

You can also make copies (right-click Mapped Key, Make Copy) of these Mapped Keys and change the Variable Keystroke they send to make other slave movements possible. For example, by changing the Variable Keystroke to <Move Backward> you could make an Others Move Backward Mapped Key.
<<

UnloosedDisc

Post Sat May 06, 2017 10:52 am

I think this software is too difficult to use. I didn't get it working but thank you anyways :?:
<<

bob

Post Mon May 08, 2017 6:43 pm

If you find that hard, then you might find the retarded behaviour of the slave toons in a team even harder, however the instructions in pictures.

I just showed the one. The others are much the same, just select the mapped key, and select the correct Hotkey you want.
<<

UnloosedDisc

Post Tue May 09, 2017 1:00 am

Turning my characters left and right is useless i need to be able to move them around like camera turn them. Also why is isboxer more complicated then it needs to be? It looks like a piece of software thats looks powerful so people get sucked into paying for it then (even after watching guides) have no idea how to use it.
<<

bob

Post Tue May 09, 2017 1:36 am

Well, you didn't say Camera turn. You indicated keys on the keyboard which you use to move the toon, not what they are looking at.

For the most part, what the slave toons look at is irrelevant, except that you normally want them to face the same way as your main. This is mostly achieved by having issuing a Follow (default is ALT+F) and then moving your main. For WoW, you may need to setup some camera views specifically to resync them, so when they are facing the same way, they aren't looking at the ground or up in the air.
http://wowprogramming.com/docs/api/SetView
This thread also has info on that... http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5368 ... view-macro

There is also the possibility of enabling Mouse Broadcast, so you can swing the other toons around with the mouse, although this does tend to have less than stellar results due to internet and technical stuff (mostly lag and cpu timing and server processing and all sorts of complicated things). If this is what you want, then set a hotkey on the Mapped Key for it.
Note: this does pass the mouse through to the current active toon too, if you don't want this, then tick this box.

In case you do actually need to move the slave toons forward/backwards too, as per your OP, then you will need to make a couple of mapped keys for that. You can copy the existing ones for Left/Right and set the hotkeys for that, and also under the Steps/Actions, you can change the Variable Keystroke in the drop down to Move Forward/Backward.

Just a guess at the problem you are trying to resolve, as your OP and response indicates you are maybe not stating the actual issue, is that you are perhaps running around with broadcasting enabled, and thus your slave toons are running in different directions, and you expect to be able to broadcast movement in a non-fixed perspective view game. If this is the case, then disable broadcasting. Most MMO-RPGs are free movement in the world, so broadcasting movement does not work very well, except for small movements.

As for your issues with ISBoxer and its complicatedness. For the most part, things in it are actually easy enough once you get the terminology and what they are referring to. Kind of like driving a car is not easy on the first day.
Finally, ISBoxer is free. You pay for the engine it runs on (Inner Space). You are more than welcome to create your own scripts/plugins for Inner Space.

Return to Key Maps