FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

wow - ctrl+shift+n will not unbind from talent pane

Moderator: MiRai

<<

BIGGUN

Post Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:38 am

wow - ctrl+shift+n will not unbind from talent pane

I have 1 character that will not IWT, they follow fine. Ctrl+shift+N and Ctrl+alt+N are both opening the talent pane. I have rebound them to other actions and then unbound them, but each time I click OK.. the changes immediately revert and they still open the talent pane.

I checked in bindings-cache.wtf and both of the following lines are there
bind CTRL-SHIFT-N NONE
bind ALT-CTRL-N NONE

I have seen the advice from 2014 to

SET synchronizeBindings "0" to your Config.wtf file in the WTF folder. from https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/12439994633 .. any ideas why this is happening or if this will fix it without breaking other aspect of isboxer? all my other accounts working fine, so for now I am forced to use the broken character as the "main" as the others are working.

Thanks for your help
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:58 am

Re: wow - ctrl+shift+n will not unbind from talent pane

The binding thing seems to be due to your saved bindings not uploading to blizzards servers, and when you login it gets the current settings from Blizzard. Not sure why it only affects those ones in question, but then ISBoxer should be overriding them, but perhaps whatever issue is going on is preventing the override from working too. You could always raise a ticket with Blizzard as it would seem to be a problem on their end.

That said, the command you came across should resolve it, or using "/console synchronizeBindings #" where # is a 0 for off and a 1 for on.

Failing all that, in ISBoxer, under Game Helpers -> World of Warcraft, you can change the binding set on the Click-to-Move ON and Click-to-Move OFF to use values that arent so pigheaded to not be overridden.
<<

BIGGUN

Post Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:38 am

I have no luck with the console command or modifying config files. I do not know if it is possible or how much work it would entail, but it occurred to me that there are keybind categories for addons and many other addons have keybindings. Perhaps ISboxer addon could have a keybind category added and these settings that are unable to be bound or unbound otherwise could be actually bound ingame. when I bind them to other actions in the game such as "toggle autorun" then save them, they actually do perform the assigned function, and all of my other action bar bindings are loading. its only when they are bound then unbound that it reverts.

I will try your last fix, hopefully I do not chose a binding option that causes any problems. Thank you for your extremely fast response!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:45 am

If changing the Game Helper settings, this is what goes into the ISBoxer Addon, so after you export, you will need to do a /console reloadui, or exit to the char select screen, and reselect the toons.

All your other text was long, and I'm not too familiar with WoWs ins and outs, but making a UI for the ISBoxer Addon is pointless as it has one in the toolkit and you don't normally muck around with the bindings for it because it then wouldn't work with the rest of ISBoxer which is expecting to send the key combination which is configured in the Game Helper in the toolkit, and second, the Addon is programmed to override the in game binds. It normally only has issues when another addon is using the same bind.
<<

BIGGUN

Post Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:54 am

it would appear that there are additional errors with that account, the sound options do not list my actual sound output device and that account is always silent, where the other accounts list my actual device and have audio. i think maybe my cache is corrupted or something, deleting now
<<

BIGGUN

Post Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:08 am

deleting cache did fix the audio device issue, but not the keybinding reversion issue
<<

BIGGUN

Post Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:58 am

I do not know if it is related. I reverted my Jamba to the previous version as there was an update 3/4 days ago. the bindings are now able to save properly, but they are not performing their task. I know they are saving because previously when I bound them and unbound them it would only give me the error message that CTM OFF was unbound when I bound ctrl-alt-N, and did not give me the message the CTM ON was unbound when i did the ctrl-shift-n. now that I have reverted jamba it is giving me both messages as I rebind, but the alts are not performing the IWT still
<<

BIGGUN

Post Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:07 am

now they are performing the IWT but they are doing that thing where one of them runs to old targets instead of picking up the new target. I have not modified any of the default IWT/CTM maps and I just cleared the isboxer completely and rebuilt the team and bindings in order to avoid any problematic prior settings

Return to Key Maps