FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Noob question, I can't "other jump"

Moderator: MiRai

<<

fittslickarfrej

Post Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:22 pm

Noob question, I can't "other jump"

I can't jump with my other character and I've tried some different solutions I've found on other threads such as the "hold" check.
I also tried to keybind my jump to < then make a keymap to it but it didn't work.
Any suggestions?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:27 am

Re: Noob question, I can't "other jump"

By default, under the Key Map "ISB42 - Base Hotkeys", all you have to do is assign a Hotkey to "All Jump". If you want it to be "other" you can technically just change the Target of the Keystroke Action it uses to press Space, to be All w/o Current instead of All w/ Current.

Otherwise, the recommended way to add something like this on your own is:
1. From the Wizards menu use the Mapped Key Wizard
2. It asks where to put your new mapping. Select the "ISB42 - Custom Hotkeys" Key Map (usually). This Key Map is toggled on and off by the main Hotkeys toggle and is intended for most custom hotkeys. Click Next.
3. For the type of mapping to set up, select "Key Re-Map" (if it's to send the same key you're pressing, use Straight Key Broadcast; the instructions are mostly the same, you should be able to figure it out), and click Next.
4. Fill in details:
4a. Hotkey to re-map: e.g. Ctrl+Space
4b. Key Combination you want it to send: e.g. Space
4c. Target for keystrokes: e.g. Window: All w/o Current
4d. For Movement keys including Jump, tick the Hold box "Hold broadcasted keys while you hold the Hotkey (e.g. for movement keys)"
4e. Activate when the Hotkey is pressed/released/whatever -- not applicable if using Hold, but you may find this useful for other types of keys.
5. Click Finish
6. Export to Inner Space

As far as what's wrong with your currently configured hotkey, here's the most common reasons it might not work, given that I don't know if you used the wizard, where you put the mapped key, etc, but I will assume you correctly used "Hold"
1. did you forget to Export to Inner Space? Maybe you set it up right, but forgot to activate it.
2. did you create a new Key Map? If you've placed a new hotkey in a new Key Map that isn't assigned, it would not be activated either.
<<

fittslickarfrej

Post Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:08 am

Re: Noob question, I can't "other jump"

The problem is now resolved! I didn't work when I went to bed last night, but now after restarting my computer it works.. No idea how, but I'll take what I get ^.^

Return to Key Maps