FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Weird behavior of the 8 key Warcraft

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Outtie

Post Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:39 pm

Weird behavior of the 8 key Warcraft

Hi,

I'm having a different response to the 8 key on my main bar.
It appears to be assisting, casting the spell in that bar then trying to "target last target" for some reason.
Non of the other keys 1 through to = are showing this same behaviour and their configuration seems exactly the same.

I'm using this for Warcraft and haven't altered the configuration for that particular keybind that I'm aware of.
Using IS 42

I've also tried to unbind the ] key and the F11 key as I use them in non boxing play along with boxing play but they still seem to hold their original ISBoxer bind.

Any helps would be great.

Forgot to add, if I'm using chat of any kind in game i can type 1 through to = and the characters appear in the chat window, all except 8.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:37 pm

Re: Weird behavior of the 8 key Warcraft

It will be really easy to see what is going on if you share your config.

But my guess is that you have managed to bind the 8 key as a hotkey to something in ISBoxer, and in a Key Map which is not being disabled when you disable Key Maps (not all of them get disabled).
As for the [ and F11, these are in the Game Helpers -> World of Warcraft macros. You can remove them from here, and when you Export, ISBoxer will generate a new ISBoxer Addon, and you'll need to /console reloadUI in game on all toons for it to reload the new addon (or you can camp, or reload the game instances).
<<

Outtie

Post Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:21 pm

http://pastebin.com/uL1LBGcj

There's my config, if I've somehow changed the 8 key myself that would be quite surprising as I don't use it in making any of my custom keys.
Hopefully there's a solution in there somewhere, it's not a critical thing, it's just weird.

Thanks for the Game Helpers tip, I unbound them in the mapped keys section and thought that was enough.
<<

bob

Post Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:13 pm

Can't see any specific reason as to why the 8 key is behaving differently. Is the behaviour "normal" when you disable Key Maps and press your 8 key?

Are you actually pressing the 8 Key? or is it a mouse bind or something?
<<

Outtie

Post Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:31 pm

When I disable Key Maps it works as it should, as just a flat out key press.

This happens while physically pressing 8 on the keyboard, no mouse overs or anything else.

In a different test just then, I noticed while opening a chat window and pressing 8, 8 would appear briefly then get deleted or overwritten by something.
The clones all executed an 8 press as during this test.
When turning off Key Maps, 8 appeared in the chat window and stayed there.
<<

bob

Post Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:25 am

So, 8 does Auto Assist Me, and then sends 8 to all clients (The Auto Interact doesn't do anything).

The Auto Assist Me, is calling Assist Me Active Method, which in turn calls Assist Me in WoW Key Map. (eventually).

The Wow Macro for Assist Me, which is then called, sends MOD+Backspace to the game, to tell your toon to Assist. So, if you get and 8 and then it is backspaced out, it sounds like the ISBoxer Addon is not enabled for that toon, so the Backspace is not being "eaten" by the macro, or you have something which is preventing it from working correctly (perhaps even http://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#I_recently_ ... 7t_work.3F). Some people find they need to change the Assist {FTL} WoW macro to not use Backspace. If you change this, then you need to set it to a standard key (no modifiers), and make sure that key is not used on any toon in game (with or without modifiers).

Another potential choice is you are getting a bit of lag on that toon and it is resulting in a bit of Assist Delay.
<<

Outtie

Post Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:37 am

It's possible I may have figured out why this is happening.
How to undo it though I'm not sure of save a re install of ISBoxer, which I'm not against.

I decided to use a new bars mod a fortnight or so ago and had to rebind 1 through to = on the main bar.
I remember missing a bar around the 8 mark and probably used backspace to clear it, I'm guessing I had Key Maps on while I did this, perhaps this is the cause and why it's only the 8 key that's being odd.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:03 am

How to undo it though I'm not sure of save a re install of ISBoxer, which I'm not against.

I decided to use a new bars mod a fortnight or so ago and had to rebind 1 through to = on the main bar.
I remember missing a bar around the 8 mark and probably used backspace to clear it, I'm guessing I had Key Maps on while I did this, perhaps this is the cause and why it's only the 8 key that's being odd.

Pressing backspace isn't an issue. Backspace is just an in-game Key Binding ISBoxer sets up, for assist to work. If you press backspace in order to clear something, all that should happen is: backspace is pressed (in order for you to clear something)... When *ISBoxer* presses backspace, it's doing so like Shift+Backspace, which is then translated by the in-game WoW Macro to e.g. /follow toon1.

But, if the problem is indeed related to setting key bindings in-game while Key Maps are enabled, then you should be able to just go into the in-game Key Bindings screen, turn OFF Key Maps, and do the same key bindings changes you meant to make in the first place. Typically the result of that is ... what you intended to set to 8 could instead be set to Shift+Backspace (because ISBoxer thought you wanted it to auto-assist and broadcast), which would then break auto-assist in whichever window(s) that happened in -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#I_recently_set_a_key_binding_in_the_game_and_now_assist_doesn.27t_work.3F. A more or less fool-proof fix for that is the button in the in-game Key Bindings screen to reset to defaults.

Thanks for the Game Helpers tip, I unbound them in the mapped keys section and thought that was enough.

... What did you un-bind?

So, I've gone through your config and confirmed there is no difference between 8 and 7 and 6 and 5 and 4 and 3 and 2 and 1. Absolutely none. Pressing a number in the chat box with Key Maps on and watching things disappear is normal, because of the backspace from auto-assist; and again you should see the same behavior with the rest of 1 through =. The issue here is definitely in-game, most likely in the in-game Key Bindings screen, and not in your ISBoxer profile.
<<

Outtie

Post Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:17 am

Did a reinstall to see if that sorted anything out.
Problem still there.

Lax you say I should see that same behaviour in the chat screen of the numbers being deleted after they are typed because of the backspace, but this only happens with the 8 key.
It also stops happening when Key Maps are turned off.

There's nothing in the Blizzard keybindings that refer to 8 being used anywhere other than in the main action bar on slot 8.
I also turned off all Addons other than ISBoxer to see if it was another addon being a dick.

Further trouble shooting
If in a ISBoxer set of 3 characters I;
Leave 2 clones offline and press 8
I get "Unknown Unit" times 2

Leave 1 clone offline and press 8
I get "Unknown Unit" once

Log all clones in but not in party
I get no errors

It seems like it's trying to get the target of one of the other clones and or both of them.
So when I press 8 on clone 1 it goes looking through clones 2 and 3 for a target.
<<

Outtie

Post Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:48 am

Found the error inside the "ISBoxer ISB42 - Combat Broadcast" settings for key 8
The first step in the Actions list for this key along with Alt, Ctrl and Shift all have "Combat" as their target and not "self" or "Window:Current"

There's no way I would have touched this for Alt, Ctrl and Shift.

After changing them all to point to "self" or "Window:Current" the odd behaviour has stopped.
Next

Return to Key Maps