FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Weird behavior of the 8 key Warcraft

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jabberie

Post Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:39 am

Re: Weird behavior of the 8 key Warcraft

Outtie wrote:Found the error inside the "ISBoxer ISB42 - Combat Broadcast" settings for key 8
The first step in the Actions list for this key along with Alt, Ctrl and Shift all have "Combat" as their target and not "self" or "Window:Current"

There's no way I would have touched this for Alt, Ctrl and Shift.

After changing them all to point to "self" or "Window:Current" the odd behaviour has stopped.

I've not read up completely but it's meant to be Combat in the target box for that mapped key. Combat is a Action Target Group which your characters should be in.

I'll read up and edit if I mistaken for some reason.
<<

Outtie

Post Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:53 am

jabberie wrote:
Outtie wrote:Found the error inside the "ISBoxer ISB42 - Combat Broadcast" settings for key 8
The first step in the Actions list for this key along with Alt, Ctrl and Shift all have "Combat" as their target and not "self" or "Window:Current"

There's no way I would have touched this for Alt, Ctrl and Shift.

After changing them all to point to "self" or "Window:Current" the odd behaviour has stopped.

I've not read up completely but it's meant to be Combat in the target box for that mapped key. Combat is a Action Target Group which your characters should be in.

I'll read up and edit if I mistaken for some reason.

Target action group for that key is still Combat, this was a setting in the first line of the actions that had its default set differently to every other key in the "ISBoxer ISB42 - Combat Broadcast" Key Map.
for eg 8 was "Do Auto-Assist Me - Active Method in ISB42 - Party Key Map -> Combat"
Every other key is "Do Auto-Assist Me - Active Method in ISB42 - Party Key Map -> self"

My assumption here is that in the default of that setting being Combat, it would try and assist every character in the Combat group at once, which reflects what I was seeing in game.
Changing it to match all the other keys, 1 through to =, set it's behaviour to match everything else.

My concern would be, that in not having changed that setting myself, that it sets itself incorrectly at install and might be a problem for other users.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:01 pm

Whoops, you are correct! It seems the auto-assist on 8 is indeed sending to Combat and that is NOT the right behavior. Issuing a fix ASAP. Thanks :)
Previous

Return to Key Maps