FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[SOLVED] Round-Robin Mother's Skinning Knife

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Purewisdom

Posts: 9

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:11 pm

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:26 am

[SOLVED] Round-Robin Mother's Skinning Knife

Hi,

I have round-robin enabled for my mothers skinning knife on my 4 monks (with a 5-man hunter team doing the killing). However it seems they are starting to conflict with each other and are trying to skin/loot the same target. Now my assumption was that if I enabled round-robin, for every key press a key will be sent to each window in a round-robin style.

Is there any way of better controlling which windows to be targeted by the round-robin and maybe some alteration of timing between each key sent?

Regards Purewisdom
Last edited by Purewisdom on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

MiRai

User avatar

Vibrant Videographer

Posts: 2692

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:05 pm

Re: Round-Robin Mother's Skinning Knife

Purewisdom wrote:Is there any way of better controlling which windows to be targeted by the round-robin and maybe some alteration of timing between each key sent?

I'm not familiar with the item or how it works, so I'm not sure I can offer anything except generic advice, but you can either:

1) adjust the Step options
2) don't press the button so quickly
<<

Purewisdom

Posts: 9

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:11 pm

Post Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:35 am

Re: Round-Robin Mother's Skinning Knife

Hi,

Thanks for your answer!

I have managed to successfully rotate my monks mothers skinning knife without stacking the targets resulting in that "target has already been tapped"

I simply made 4 steps, with targeted delays before the next human action.
<<

Dreadone79

Posts: 10

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:15 pm

Post Tue May 01, 2018 11:06 am

Re: [SOLVED] Round-Robin Mother's Skinning Knife

Could you perhaps explain your workaround step by step? I got the same problem with the skinning knife. I sit on top of a mountain of dead goats but only
1 char gets a corpse skinned when i press the keymap. all five chars seem to target the same corpse every time i use the item. annoying when there are like 30 goats to skin :)

----------

Like this? Sample jpg : https://ibb.co/fsrE3n or https://www.pic-upload.de/view-35257999/keymap.jpg.html

Which delay to set? is this the correct way in general? Am new to coding stuff :)

Dont know which free image upload host to use :oops:

----------

This didnt solve the problem. All chars just start casting a bit later but still pick the same target to skin. :?
Last edited by MiRai on Wed May 02, 2018 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged
<<

MiRai

User avatar

Vibrant Videographer

Posts: 2692

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Post Wed May 02, 2018 10:40 am

Re: [SOLVED] Round-Robin Mother's Skinning Knife

Dreadone79 wrote:This didnt solve the problem. All chars just start casting a bit later but still pick the same target to skin. :?

You will have to give your characters a target by clicking on it, and then using an assist key (either standalone or integrated), as there is no magical way for your characters to "just know" that they should pick a target that another character hasn't already selected, so that they can skin it.
<<

Dreadone79

Posts: 10

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:15 pm

Post Wed May 02, 2018 12:24 pm

Re: [SOLVED] Round-Robin Mother's Skinning Knife

MiRai wrote:
Dreadone79 wrote:This didnt solve the problem. All chars just start casting a bit later but still pick the same target to skin. :?

You will have to give your characters a target by clicking on it, and then using an assist key (either standalone or integrated), as there is no magical way for your characters to "just know" that they should pick a target that another character hasn't already selected, so that they can skin it.


Yeah but the knife doesnt need a target to be used. it picks the nearest available corpse automaticaly like the looterang does. what drives me crazy is that when i split my group up and position them farer
away from each other that doesnt seem to have any influence.five guys throw the knife and only 1 char gets leather... :D
<<

MiRai

User avatar

Vibrant Videographer

Posts: 2692

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Post Wed May 02, 2018 1:16 pm

Re: [SOLVED] Round-Robin Mother's Skinning Knife

Dreadone79 wrote:Yeah but the knife doesnt need a target to be used. it picks the nearest available corpse automaticaly like the looterang does. what drives me crazy is that when i split my group up and position them farer
away from each other that doesnt seem to have any influence.five guys throw the knife and only 1 char gets leather... :D

Honestly, I'm not familiar with the knife, but the way you describe its use it sounds like it's coded into the game to work that way. However, this also sounds like the reason for why the OP wanted to put it on round-robin, so that all the characters wouldn't try to use it at the same time, and therefore fail at skinning the same corpse.

So, are you saying that even when you use the knife, one character at a time, you are still experiencing issues with characters trying to skin the same corpse? The corpse disappears after it's skinned, so presumably, the next use of the knife would move to the next corpse in the area, no?

Return to Key Maps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests