FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Interact with target not working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Latakia

Post Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:26 pm

Interact with target not working

Very new to ISBoxer. I have everything set up through the wizard. I did specify the tilde key for interact with target because this is what I am used to. Tilde is the key left of the [1] button, above the tab on U.S. keyboards.

It does not work.

My assist combination--the default alt-a selects a target (NPC or whatever) on my other character, but nothing happens when I press the tilde to interact with target.

I checked under Key Maps--> Base Hotkeys --> Mapped Keys --> Interact with target. It does show the tilde, and I changed the target to Window All w/o current because I don't want the active character to respond, just the background characters.

It still doesn't work.

So far, I still haven't found anything that doesn't work as I expect it to, considering how new I am to the ISBoxer. I can attack targets with both charcters, and follow and assist work.

Edit to add:
I had checked to ensure addon is enabled on all characters.
This is not an issue with click to move. I'm trying it with the char in range of the NPC.

Thanks.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:46 am

Re: Interact with target not working

Several different things need to be set up in order for IWT to function correctly:

1) In-game key binding
2) Variable Keystroke (must match in-game key binding)
3) ISBoxer Hotkey
4) Mapped Key Virtualization in the Character Set (most likely already configured)

http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Interact_with_Target
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p68g9A46Rw
<<

Latakia

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:49 am

The problem was that "interact with target" was not populated under the "Variable Keystrokes" setting. Nothing in any of the quick start guides and other info on the site said anything about this. But that was the problem.

The key was already set in game, and I specified it when I ran the wizard. I do not know how I was supposed to know that I had to go to the variable key bindings section and change it.

Is there a set of instructions that I missed?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:58 am

There is a box in the Quick Start Wizard for it.

Image/edit: wrong pic.

Latakia wrote:I changed the target to Window All w/o current because I don't want the active character to respond, just the background characters.
You'll need to change this back to Window:Current. This actually calls a mapped key chain, and lower down the chain it calls the IWT on "Window: all w/o Current". With your change you will end up in a world of pain with all your slave toons requesting all your slave toons to IWT their target, which wont necessarily be your mains target.

To put it another way, say you have a task called "Everyone line up behind me", and when you want this task done, you are going to delegate it to person to say aloud, so that everyone should line up behind them. Instead of delegating this task to just one person to execute, you delegate it to everyone. You will end up with a lot of people asking everyone else to line up behind them. Confusion ensues as everyone is a leader, but they are trying to line up behind someone else.
<<

Latakia

Post Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:07 pm

Thanks to all for the help. Much appreciated.

Return to Key Maps