FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Key maps again

Moderator: MiRai

<<

greaterdemon

Post Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:23 pm

Key maps again

Is it possible to put a multi step mapped key and have that display on a click bar, its so i can see when my AOE is ready to cast on each step and then have the timer to show the cooldown i currently i have this displayed as text but seeing the countdown on the clickbar would be nicer
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:02 pm

Re: Key maps again

ISBoxer cannot read the game, so you'd be setting up a countdown that could, and probably would, fall out of sync with what was displayed in game. It's beyond my expertise, but you could probably set up Timer Groups to change the Click Bar that is displayed so that it would look like some sort of a crude countdown, but beyond that, it's unlikely going to be super accurate other than giving you an estimate of when a spell/ability might be off of its cooldown.

It'd probably be more worth your time to just create a set of VideoFX to watch that spell on the other character's window rather than try to have ISBoxer "measure" it.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Setting up countdown timers is a bit tedious as you need an action for each stagger step you want. If it is a 30 second countdown, then you need at least 31 actions for a 1 second step down. I meant to look harder to see if it was possible to setup something to try and handle this in a much nicer way, but then the prospect of ISBoxer2 modules to do it made me wait, although its become a long weight.

BUT, definitely possible to do it, as long as you don't mind that it might get out of step with what is actually happening in game, as MiRai pointed out.
<<

greaterdemon

Post Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:56 pm

Thought i'd cracked it but no, how would you put a step action into a click bar as i could do it that way im thinkin, as when i press my hotkey on G13 game pad it would then replicate on the click bar so at the end of the sequence i could get the timer i want that way ? so what im looking to do is press a button it then has text of 1 on click bar etc all the way thru to 5 and then at the end of 5th step i then ad the timer for the cooldown of the spells ... any help appreciated
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:26 pm

The click bar button will be running a mapped key, so each step of the mapped key could have a Click Bar Button Action, which changes the URL, or puts text on the button, which depending on the bar opacity may allow act as an overlay to something, or just puts text over a fixed image.

If you wanted some timer countdown until the underlying action is ready, then it involves a lot of Click Bar Button Actions again, with associated Timers.

Return to Key Maps