FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Odd behavior with the 'Do not advance to the next step'

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MadMilitia

Post Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:00 pm

Odd behavior with the 'Do not advance to the next step'

Pastebin to my new profile: http://pastebin.com/qW3N92Vf

What I'm trying to do: I have individual slot keymaps that allow me to turn things on and off when I want to do something specific to each toon. In each they have a DPS rotation that involves adjusting the camera. I also adjust the camera when I tell them to follow.

What's going on: I have 3 camera settings. 1 - close, 2 - further out, 3- extremely far out. I have the camera maps set to 'Do not advance to the next step' because I only want them to change on my menu toggle. But what I actually see happening is it always does step 3 in the camera keymaps. To check I have them /gu a message when the keys are called. When in combat rotation the right step is called. When I tell them to follow they always P3 - indicating the event is coming from the 3rd step regardless of where the toggle directed the steps to be.

Note: The camera toggle functionality was added to the ISB42 - Toggles keymap.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:40 pm

Re: Odd behavior with the 'Do not advance to the next step'

I'm wondering if you are getting some crossover from the other commands being sent.

When you call the Camera, it is in amongst 3 calls at the same time, which are calling, other macros with modifiers. Perhaps all the modifiers are still being "pressed" as far as WoW is concerned, so it is receiving a CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+(a bunch of other keys), and WoW is just running back through the fallbacks until it gets something to execute, and in this case the macro in game (rather than what ISBoxer is sending for that particular action) is getting to run your more intensive option of the setview3.

You can see what ISBoxer is sending by getting the Debug info. If it is sending the correct keystrokes for each action at that time (i.e. only a CTRL+F1 rather than CTRL+SHIFT+F1) then it is likely that the above is correct. If it is in fact sending the full set of keystrokes for the setview3 (CTRL+SHIFT+F1) then I think it will be necessary to try and simplify the rotation up to a single mapped key which calls the likely source of the is issue (being step 2 in the DPS rotations), and figuring it out from there.
<<

MadMilitia

Post Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:03 pm

Hi Bob.

What your'e saying doesn't make sense to me. If crossover were a problem wouldn't the less nuanced keymaps be more likely to trigger?

View 1 is ctrl + F1.
View 2 is ctrl + alt + F1
View 3 is ctrl + shift + F1.

If I'm understanding you correctly, the one most likely to be a crossover problem would be view 1?

Also, isboxer does correctly call on the right step when it calls the camera rotation from the combat rotation from Virtual Combat > Slot 2 > DPS Rotation. For whatever reason when its called from the Base hotkeys map it doesn't work properly. As far as I can see, the usage in base hotkeys should be no different from the usage in the Slot keymaps.

Edit: I changed View 1 to ctrl + alt + shift + F1 and guess what? It now does View 1 instead of View 3 in the problematic way. I suppose now I have my answer. There is some weird crossover going on with the macros being sent to the clients. I will have to find a workaround. Thanks!
<<

MadMilitia

Post Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:15 pm

Actually I just found the problem.

ISB42 - Base Hotkeys - Follow Me has the option Hold any Keystroke while hotkey is held - On.

I turned that to Off (Default) and now the problem is gone.

Return to Key Maps