FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Key Map Help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

greaterdemon

Post Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:28 pm

Key Map Help

i want to have to 2 seperate key maps but they follow/mirror each other on the steps so if im on step 3 on keymap 1 i wanna be on step 3 on keymap 2 also its so i can have my healer join the dps rotation when healing isnt required, hope ive explained it ok
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: Key Map Help

A Mapped Key Step Action can help you synchronize the steps of 2 different Mapped Keys. However, I don't think that is the right solution here.

It sounds like you just want to use an Action Target Group. Those in the ATG should do the DPS. Use a Target Group Action to put the healer in your ATG when you want him to DPS, and another later on to remove him.

So for a simplistic example example, if you have your DPS set up to send 2 -> all, this always includes the healer but you could have it send 2 -> Combat (an ATG named Combat), and put the healer in the Combat ATG as needed.
<<

greaterdemon

Post Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:44 pm

yeah i get the idea what you mean but putting that into practice way aboove my knowledge is there a an example somewere, i looked on wiki and nothing i could find would explain it
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:51 pm

Two or three parts to this.
1. If you don't already have a suitable ATG, create one. You can do this by right clicking on the Action Target Groups node in ISBoxer, selecting New, give it a name, and then in the top left, under Characters, select each character you want to be in this ATG, the top, select each of the characters you want to put in the ATG, in the lower left select Action Target Groups, and then highlight your new group ( you can also expand the Characters node, and with your ATG selected in the top left, you can drag/drop a character from the top left to the lower left).

2. Update the target of the existing mapped key to something like Group (all of): ATGName (note; if the action is currently set to Self, then you need to look further up/down the chain). I've used and ATG called Combat for this setup.

3. You'll need to create a new mapped key manually to add/remove the healer from the ATG (depending on whether the initial state is the healer being a member or not will depend on the order you do this - I assume they do not begin as a member).

1. Select the ISB42 - Custom Hotkeys key map
  2. In the lower left, right click Mapped Keys
  3. Select New Mapped Key, give it a name
  4. Set a Hotkey for this new Mapped Key
  5. Select Step 1 in the lower left
  6. Right click the Actions node and select Target Group Action
  7. Set the Target box to your Healer (or the Slot if you want this to be portable).
  8. Put in the Action Target Group Name
  9. Set the Join option
  10. Right click the Steps node in the lower left pane, select New Step
  11. Select step 2 in the lower left
  12. Right click the Actions node and select Target Group Action
  13. Set the Target box to your Healer (or the Slot if you want this to be portable).
  14. Put in the Action Target Group Name
  15. Set the Leave option
This mapped key could be made a bit more generic by creating a second ATG, putting all your healers in it, and then using that as the Target of this mapped key, and then when you run it, the healers that are currently active on your team will swap in and out of the Combat ATG.

Return to Key Maps