FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Trouble syncing hotkeys in WOW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Nevering

Post Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:03 pm

Trouble syncing hotkeys in WOW

I'm having trouble syncing hotkeys in WOW, some of them work and others don't . A key overlay use to be displayed but is not now, not sure if that is relevant.

The one key that I'd like to get going is a mount key to work for all characters. I tried something that I read in another post, like Alt-Shift-R and while this got the mount key working for both, the follow would cause the characters to move in the opposite direction.

Suggestions ?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: Trouble syncing hotkeys in WOW

SHIFT+ALT+R turns on broadcasting, and while that might help you mount, it is better to not play with broadcasting turned on all the time, because, as you've discovered again, it makes your toons run in different directions.

For mounting, it is better to use IWT. Get your main mounted, then IWT the main/mount (I don't know the exact process as I'm not familiar with WoW mounts, but it is something along those lines). If they all have different mounts, then It might be a case of setting up a broadcast hotkey that will trigger the appropriate skill. For multi people mounts it might be a little trickier, but there are certainly methods described here and on dual-boxing.com forums.

If you need to make new mapped keys for specific things, you can use the Mapped Key Wizard (which you can find in the Wizards menu).

As for the "green boxes" overlay. Whether it appears or not depends on what you selected during the Quick Setup Wizard, but if it is not showing up, then select your Character Set in the top left of ISBoxer Toolkit, in the lower left select Menus, and in the lower right, highlight the ISB42 - Standard menu. Then Export to Inner Space. The green box overlay should now be there, and you can move it around by hitting the CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+G hotkey (press this combo again to close this ISBoxer in game UI).
<<

Nevering

Post Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:14 am

Re: Trouble syncing hotkeys in WOW

Thanks, I'll give those a shot

Return to Key Maps