FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Configuring EVE Keymaps with a G13

Moderator: MiRai

<<

yandereyandere

Post Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:17 am

Configuring EVE Keymaps with a G13

So I just got my G13 and I'm looking to rebuild my EVE setup with some new features.

My previous setup used the standard Round-robin setup with Action groups however it wasn't uncommon to have the step repeat the command to one window twice messing up the cycle or for it to totally skip a window.

As such I'd like to setup something that can round-robin through an action group that is maybe a little more accurate.
Otherwise I have a number of question for the standard Round-robin feature.
[*]Is there some way to stop a map from moving to the next step until the step is executed "X" amount of times.
[*]Is there some trick to limit the number of inputs a single window can receive from a single step.

As well I'll ask a question of the G13 here.

In the logitech setup I can setup a key to repeat when I hold it, but I need to give it a actual binding to do that, is there some way to duplicate that feature in ISboxer Key maps Because I would like to be able to just hold down the button to move through the steps.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:32 am

Re: Configuring EVE Keymaps with a G13

In the logitech setup I can setup a key to repeat when I hold it, but I need to give it a actual binding to do that, is there some way to duplicate that feature in ISboxer Key maps Because I would like to be able to just hold down the button to move through the steps.

This is called "autofire". ISBoxer does not provide autofire as it is generally considered cheating.

[*]Is there some trick to limit the number of inputs a single window can receive from a single step.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Step explains the options at the top of Steps:

Notice the grayed out "and only trigger once" -- this is specifically to limit the number of times a single step fires during the "Do not advance" time limit. If "Do not advance" is checked, the "and only trigger once" option becomes available.

[*]Is there some way to stop a map from moving to the next step until the step is executed "X" amount of times.

Not quite as stated, but yes. Usually the time limit option shown above is pretty good.

If you really want to use a number of presses, and you know what value you want to use for "X", then you can also just create "X" number of Steps to replace the 1. If you choose to do this, then it may be helpful to split it into more than one Mapped Key, using "Do Mapped Key Action" from the duplicated Steps -- that way, you don't have to go and edit "X" number of Steps when you want to make a minor change to something you want done more than once.
<<

yandereyandere

Post Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:51 am

Re: Configuring EVE Keymaps with a G13

Okay got a plan then. Although it is a little annoying to hear that "autofire" as you call it is apparently cheating. Seems incredibly silly to me but whatever not looking to get banned over something as simple as that.

Thanks for the help.

Return to Key Maps