FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Odd broadcasting/maps functionality

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ruholm

Post Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:20 am

Odd broadcasting/maps functionality

Hi - I'm having a weird issue with ISBoxer sending mapped keys from the , even when key maps are turned off. This is what I use to turn keymaps on and off - it's just the default setting:

keymaps.png
keymaps.png (14.42 KiB) Viewed 9153 times

After that, regardless of whether keymaps are on or off, when I press "Q", the steps associated with the Q hotkey are sent to the client:

combat.png
combat.png (9.84 KiB) Viewed 9153 times

Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong here? :)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:33 am

Re: Odd broadcasting/maps functionality

The key map where you have set the hotkey does not get turned off by the activate maps mapped key.

You should set the hotkey in the ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys key map. Choose the one which calls the desired mapped key in the ISB42 - Combat Broadcast key map (they are usually named the same in both key maps so it should be easy). If you have made your own mapped key in the ISB42 - Combat Broadcast key map, then it wont have the calling chain, so you could either setup the calling chain, so your hotkey can be set on the mapped key in the Combat Broadcast Hotkeys key map, or you can move your whole mapped key to the Combat Broadcast Hotkeys key map.
<<

ruholm

Post Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:35 am

I'm not sure I understand - the hotkey is already in the Combat key map?

Entire config for good measure:

http://pastebin.com/dgq20WKy
<<

ruholm

Post Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:10 am

Ahh, it turns out, that the maps toggle function, for some reason didn't switch off the combat key map. Might have been myself fiddling with the wrong settings :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:34 am

ruholm wrote:Ahh, it turns out, that the maps toggle function, for some reason didn't switch off the combat key map. Might have been myself fiddling with the wrong settings :)

This is a Key Map you created yourself, so the toggle does not know about it. The same will be true if you make another Key Map later on.

What Bob was saying is that there are default Key Maps that are similarly named, and had you been using those -- "ISB42 - Combat Broadcasting" and "ISB42 - Combat Broadcasting Hotkeys" -- then it is intended for you to assign any Hotkeys in the one that includes "Hotkeys" in the name. Those marked "Hotkeys" are toggled by the toggle by default, the ones not labelled "Hotkeys" are not.

Return to Key Maps