FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Perform two key presses in one step

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ruholm

Post Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:39 am

Perform two key presses in one step

Hi - after my latest (re-)install of IsBoxer I'm getting a weird issue on my healer. I'd like to do the following:

In 1 step, I'd like to do 2 two keys presses:

1) Ctrl + Shift + 1
2) Ctrl + 1

The spell bound to Ctrl + Shift + 1 is a spell with a cooldown. The idea is, that when the key is pressed, action 1) is done, and if the spell is on cooldown, action 2) is done (since first, step 1) is done, but with no effect and then step 2 is done).

This has been working fine on my DPS chars, but for some reason it's not working on my healer. Only the first keypress is performed (see the attached image).

Does anyone have an idea why ISBoxer is acting like this? Am I missing something?

2016-11-04 06_11_04-NVIDIA GeForce Overlay.png
2016-11-04 06_11_04-NVIDIA GeForce Overlay.png (47.78 KiB) Viewed 7289 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:58 am

Re: Perform two key presses in one step

It's not ISBoxer behaving like that, but rather the game is behaving that way.
When you have multiple actions in one go, then ISBoxer sends them all to the game at the same time, and it is up to the game how to interpret that.
The game is receiving CTRL+SHIFT+1+CTRL+1. It is up to the game how to read the input, and chances are, it will consolidate to CTRL+SHIFT+1.

There are a couple of tricks you can do.
  1. If the game supports a macro engine, and that engine allows you to do /cast type actions, then use the macro engine to do this instead.
  2. Create separate mapped keys for the CTRL+SHIFT+1 and the CTRL+1 action, and have the upper level mapped key call these via Do Mapped Key Actions.
  3. Use Timers to track your cooldowns (although if you have interrupts to cooldowns then that can be hard to manage, but that is the nature of multiboxing).
<<

ruholm

Post Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:32 am

It's world of warcraft - but thanks so much for the reply :)
<<

ruholm

Post Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:15 am

It worked - thanks much! :)

Return to Key Maps