FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to explicitly set maps and broadcast

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ruholm

Post Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:15 am

How to explicitly set maps and broadcast

Hi - I'm working on explicitly setting the maps on/off and repeater on/off instead of using a toggle. What I'd like achieve:

When I press button "B", the following happens:

1) Broadcast is set to on (regardless of whether it's on or off already)
2) Key maps are set to off (regardless of whether they're on or off already)
3) A small custom message is shown on the screen "Broadcast is now ON and keymaps are OFF"

Is this possible somehow? I can only seem to get the option to toggle, not to set explicitly.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:23 am

Re: How to explicitly set maps and broadcast

Such a setup would requires Key Map Step Actions followed by Do Mapped Key Actions.

http://pastebin.com/raw/FdBsHVMH

Copy the text from the above link and paste it into your profile by clicking on "Mapped Keys" at the top of any list of Mapped Keys. There are some assumptions in the way that your profile is set up, but it should work for all standard ISB42 profiles.

However, if you put it in Always On (or any other Key Map which doesn't get toggled off), then you'll never be able to use the B key for anything else besides that Mapped Key. On the other hand, if you don't put it in Always On then you can't use it when Key Maps are already turned off.

My suggestion would probably be to put it in Always On, but not assign it directly to the B key (or any other single key that you use on a regular basis).
<<

ruholm

Post Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:20 am

Re: How to explicitly set maps and broadcast

Thanks much - I'll try it on when I get home. THe "B" key was just an example, usually I use the "Pause/Break" key for that :)

Return to Key Maps