FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to make multiple key maps in IS42

Moderator: MiRai

<<

vengesunsoar

Post Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:03 pm

How to make multiple key maps in IS42

I run, or used to run two different combat keymaps, I set up buttons which caused one keymap to become active and turns off the other, and a second button did the other keymap. That was pretty simple to do with just copying and renaming keymaps and setting up a new activate maps button. But with IS42 I'm not sure how to do this now. The activate maps goes to activate toggles which goes to activate maps I can't even see where in activate maps it directs to the combat broadcast.

Any idea how I would do this now?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:14 pm

Re: How to make multiple key maps in IS42

In my tracing it ends up running "Activate Maps (all windows) in ISB42 - Toggles Key Map".

It gets a little funky, but you usually need to look through the Mapped Keys, and when you hit a dead end, then it is probably a Virtual Mapped Key setting under the Character Set.

As for how you would set it up, pretty much the same as before.
<<

vengesunsoar

Post Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:28 pm

Ok. Thanks. Think I got it.

Duplicate the combat broadcast with appropriate names. Duplicate the Toggles with appropriate names. Duplicate the activate maps, activate maps points to the appropriate toggle which points to the combat broadcast.

Sounds right?
<<

vengesunsoar

Post Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:31 pm

Think I need to copy the combat broadcast hotkeys menu as well.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:37 pm

It depends on what you are really trying to achieve. If only the actions will change, and not the hotkeys, then you could copy the ISB42 - Combat Broadcast key map, and in your toggle, you can do a Mapped Key Virtualisation Action and set the ISB42 - Combat Broadcast is now Copy of ISB42 - Combat Broadcast. This would make the hotkeys run the actions in the copy, rather than the original. Then to swap it back, your toggle can run another virtualisation action which sets the original behaviour.

The activate maps could be left alone as it is setup purely to turn on/off anything with Hotkeys
<<

vengesunsoar

Post Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:52 pm

I'm playing swtor.

The keymaps for my marauder and my inquisitor are different. When playing the mauarder I press 1 and it jumps and buffs.

When playing my inquistor I just want it to shoot lightning thats it.

So I need to activate one keymap and turn the other off. Thought I had it but can't get the marauder one too turn off when activating inquisitor.
<<

vengesunsoar

Post Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:43 am

Ok got it. Didn't change the Activate maps but made a new map in the toggle key, new combat broadcast keymap, new combat keymap - this is a bit more confusing that previously :). Thanks for your help.
<<

vengesunsoar

Post Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:07 am

Nuts. Still didn't work.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:02 am

I think you might be making it harder than it is? It sounds like you can probably just customize the 1 Mapped Key in ISB42 - Combast Broadcast. (i.e. have it send something to the inquisitor, and something to the marauder, instead of the same thing to all) If you're doing this for different characters on the same team, you do not need extra Key Maps etc.

If you are duplicating Combat Broadcast -- which again I would not do if you're looking to have something different happen on different characters in the same team -- you do not need a new Combat Broadcast Hotkeys, or Menus, toggles, new entries on Activate Maps, etc. If you're looking to do different things depending on your Character Set, then you can just duplicate ISB42 - Combat Broadcast, and set Key Map Virtualization at the Character Set level alongside the ones the Quick Setup Wizard makes (similar to the way the Pro Configuration suggests virtualizing per-Character).
<<

vengesunsoar

Post Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:51 pm

These are 2 different teams.

Team 1 is the marauder
Team 2 is the Inquisitor.

I don't want to have to log and load up a new isboxer plan with each one so I had 2 different combat menus.

With the virtualization idea I copied the combat broadcast, labelled in Inquisitor. Made a virtualization key that sent the command to that. It's half worked. The character does not do the marauder command now, it just doesn't execute any command haha :)?
Next

Return to Key Maps