FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problems with timers and key maps

Moderator: MiRai

<<

OlavTheDrunk

Post Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:16 pm

Problems with timers and key maps

Hi, I am unable to make 2 mapped keys work concurrently. (Player name is Zolog, game is everquest)

The 1st one, Combat: Spam Taunt 1:
    Step 1 :
      Timer Pool 'AA Explosion of hatred' Reset -> self
      Modify Combat Spam Taunt 1 in 110 Zolog Key Map Step 1 Disable -> self
      Modify Combat Spam Taunt 1 in 110 Zolog Key Map Step 1 Enable -> self--AA Explosion of Hatred in 46 secs
      Do SK 822 : Explosion of hatred (45 s) in 199: Text Strings: AAs Key Map -> self
    Step 2 :
      Timer Pool 'AA Hate s attraction' Reset -> self
      Modify Combat Spam Taunt 1 in 110 Zolog Key Map Step 2 Disable -> self
      Modify Combat Spam Taunt 1 in 110 Zolog Key Map Step 2 Enable -> self--AA Hate s attraction in 91 secs
      Do SK 9400 : Hate s attraction (90 s) in 199: Text Strings: AAs Key Map -> self
    Step 3 :
      Timer Pool 'AA Ageless enmity' Reset -> self
      Modify Combat Spam Taunt 1 in 110 Zolog Key Map Step 3 Disable -> self
      Modify Combat Spam Taunt 1 in 110 Zolog Key Map Step 3 Enable -> self--AA Ageless enmity in 481 secs
      Do SK 10392 : Ageless enmity (480 s) in 199: Text Strings: AAs Key Map -> self
    Step 4 :
      Timer Pool 'Ability Taunt Timer' Reset -> self
      Modify Combat Spam Taunt 1 in 110 Zolog Key Map Step 4 Disable -> self
      Modify Combat Spam Taunt 1 in 110 Zolog Key Map Step 4 Enable -> self--Ability Taunt Timer in 6 secs
      Modify Combat Spam Taunt 2 in 110 Zolog Key Map Step 3 Disable -> self
      Modify Combat Spam Taunt 2 in 110 Zolog Key Map Step 3 Enable -> self--Ability Taunt Timer in 6 secs
      Do Ability Taunt in 110 Zolog Key Map -> self

The 2nd one, Combat: Spam Taunt 2:
    Step 1 :
      Timer Pool 'AA Explosion of spite' Reset -> self
      Modify Combat Spam Taunt 2 in 110 Zolog Key Map Step 1 Disable -> self
      Modify Combat Spam Taunt 2 in 110 Zolog Key Map Step 1 Enable -> self--AA Explosion of spite in 46 secs
      Do SK 749 : Explosion of spite (45 s) in 199: Text Strings: AAs Key Map -> self
    Step 2 :
      Timer Pool 'AA Projection of doom' Reset -> self
      Modify Combat Spam Taunt 2 in 110 Zolog Key Map Step 2 Disable -> self
      Modify Combat Spam Taunt 2 in 110 Zolog Key Map Step 2 Enable -> self--AA Projection of doom in 481 secs
      Do SK 3215 : Projection of doom (480 s) in 199: Text Strings: AAs Key Map -> self
    Step 3 :
      Timer Pool 'Ability Taunt Timer' Reset -> self
      Modify Combat Spam Taunt 2 in 110 Zolog Key Map Step 3 Disable -> self
      Modify Combat Spam Taunt 2 in 110 Zolog Key Map Step 3 Enable -> self--Ability Taunt Timer in 6 secs
      Modify Combat Spam Taunt 1 in 110 Zolog Key Map Step 4 Disable -> self
      Modify Combat Spam Taunt 1 in 110 Zolog Key Map Step 4 Enable -> self--Ability Taunt Timer in 6 secs
      Do Ability Taunt in 110 Zolog Key Map -> self

Independently they work flawlessly.
But if I try to use them concurrently, the second one I start using fails on Taunt (it never fires).

Any ideas ?

Thanks !

Olav

[Edit : formatting]
Last edited by OlavTheDrunk on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: Problems with timers and key maps

They should use different timers.

/e
Actually, its a bit hard for me to follow in this format, but it looks like, in Step 4 in 1 and Step 3 in 2, you disable the two taunts, and then try and execute it.

/e2
Need the rest of the setup really, because I can't see how these two mapped keys are being pushed into the rotation.

You can share your config for better support...
<<

OlavTheDrunk

Post Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:11 pm

Thanks for your help.

bob wrote:They should use different timers.

Ok.

bob wrote:/e
Actually, its a bit hard for me to follow in this format, but it looks like, in Step 4 in 1 and Step 3 in 2, you disable the two taunts, and then try and execute it.

Yes. I try to disable these steps (1.4 and 2.3) for 6 seconds since these steps trigger the same ability (Taunt : Do Ability Taunt in 110 Zolog Key Map -> self).

bob wrote:/e2
Need the rest of the setup really, because I can't see how these two mapped keys are being pushed into the rotation.

You can share your config for better support...

The rest of the profile won't be very useful. All I do in
- 'Do SK XXX' is /alt activate XXX with keystrokes ;
- 'Do Ability Taunt' is /do ability <Taunt ability num> with keystrokes.

What I'm trying to do is to disable Combat Spam Taunt 1 Step 4 and Combat Spam Taunt 2 Step 3 while taunt is on cool down.

I'll try with separate timers, thanks.
<<

bob

Post Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:28 pm

OlavTheDrunk wrote:Thanks for your help.
Yes. I try to disable these steps (1.4 and 2.3) for 6 seconds since these steps trigger the same ability (Taunt : Do Ability Taunt in 110 Zolog Key Map -> self).
OK. Reading through your actions, you are disabling the Step, rather than the Mapped Key, which is good.
A quick test indicates it should be doing as you've setup, but I can't be 100% on it, because the settings on the Timer itself may make a difference.

OlavTheDrunk wrote:The rest of the profile won't be very useful. All I do in
- 'Do SK XXX' is /alt activate XXX with keystrokes ;
- 'Do Ability Taunt' is /do ability <Taunt ability num> with keystrokes.
You might not think so, and to be fair, most of it is not relevant, but it does help, if nothing else because I find it far easier to keep straight in my head, but also because it is much easier to see where you don't have the 3 steps of separation that your probably should be using to have this do what you want, and on the odd occasion, issues such as what you've described are not necessarily in the place you think.

/e I've fixed some of what I wrote earlier, because I'm verifying a few things by checking through the ISBoxer scripts. I have a flawed understanding of what goes on behind some of these functions, but am slowly learning.....
<<

OlavTheDrunk

Post Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:26 am

Thanks for taking the time to look into my problem. Very much appreciated.

Here is a link to my profile from which I removed almost all the irrelevant stuff

https://www.zerobin.net/?d7aa92f2f3a318ae#xSs6gipxNvm3eXrDzxkfxg8itNezHdJKMZ1LehragNQ=

I created a simple button set for test purposes : Menus > Control > Button Sets > Fight > Button 1 (Combat spam taunt 1) and Button 2 (Combat spam taunt 2)
If I start using one of the buttons, I have to reload ISBoxer settings for taunt to trigger with the other button (makes sense ?). The AAs work, but not taunt.

Olav.
<<

bob

Post Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:44 pm

Ok, took a little bit of fiddling to get right, but I replicated the issue.

The problem seems to be the 0 timers setting is not as unlimited as it promises, or at least unlimited means something completely different at the moment to what you might thing it does.

Currently, when you have this set to 0, the first action processed that timer will be stored, all other actions for the timer will be ignored. Kind of the same behaviour you would expect to get when setting to 1, and the ignore option.

If you set the number of timers for Ability Taunt Timer to 99, it will work for you (you could set it to 2 if you like, but it is a maximum so allocating more wont have an impact).

/e Ya know I thought I'd come across this before.... and here it is. viewtopic.php?p=28808#p28808. I should have remembered earlier, but I thought it had been fixed.
<<

OlavTheDrunk

Post Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:03 pm

Nice, it works ! Thanks !

Clearly, I don't understand timers options yet...
<<

bob

Post Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:05 pm

I'm not sure it is supposed to behave quite like that :)

Return to Key Maps