FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Next Window

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Poopers

Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:39 pm

Next Window

Whenever I open more than 10 clients of Eve, my "Next Window" hotkey sometimes skips clients. My computer specs are as follows:

CPU: 5960X
Memory 32GB Dominator Corsair DDR4-3000Mhz
Harddrive: 512 GB M.2
Graphics Cards (2x) Titan X O.C.

The only issues I have are switching windows and occasional input lag when broadcasting, my games all run perfectly otherwise... any one have any ideas how to keep it from skipping over clients? Makes it very difficult to keep track when it occasionally skips a toon.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:52 pm

Re: Next Window

The next window uses a Target in the mapped key, which you can force the order on by setting a specific filter target of
"@isboxer&~dxnothing" w/o the quotes (this is basically what is already there by default but with the @ at the front of it - see http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Target). Even with this, I usually find you need to cycle through them all once after you have started your team.

Broadcasting shouldn't lag unless it is already laggy for some other reason, but you just aren't noticing. This is generally going to occur if you are using round-robin CPU strategy rather than All games use all cores, you are bottlenecking somewhere (yes you have some pretty specs, doesn't mean it isn't happening), or you are potentially running some graphic settings which cause high spikes or other issues (Fullscreen, OpenGL triple buffering - despite not using OpenGl apparently this setting still does something, HDR, enabled, Resource Cache enabled, Shadows enabled)..... and there are a bunch of other potential reasons, but that is probably a reasonable start..

/e: simplified the filter target.
Last edited by bob on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ZeroTrepidation

Post Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:47 am

I'm having this same issue of client skipping and I used to not have this problem, and nothing has been changed hardware wise, as well as the number of accounts that I have been using has remained constant. It is extremely frustrating as I essentially cannot play with ISboxer. Launching in DX9 mode does not fix the issue so I do not know what I can do to fix this issue or what exactly is causing it.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:26 am

ZeroTrepidation wrote:Launching in DX9 mode does not fix the issue so I do not know what I can do to fix this issue or what exactly is causing it.

That's out of left field dude. You'd have better luck with this issue by "turning it off and on again". If you didn't reboot after having this issue, try that, because it may just be extra/ghost processes causing the issue for you.

Otherwise Bob's suggestion may be relevant -- although I would note that with ISBoxer 42 the new version of the Next Window Mapped Key uses filter target "@isboxer&~dxnothing". So it's no longer relevant if you're using an ISBoxer 42-created team.

Finally, if you can't identify the problem, right click Inner Space and select Console. You can enter in the command "sessions" and it will list processes launched by Inner Space. The EVE clients should be identified in this list as is1, is2, is3 and so on, matching the Slot numbers. Non-game processes should be is50 or higher, or else will not use that naming scheme (instead might show up as like EVE Online34843). If that doesn't all look as described, your issue may be related.

Return to Key Maps