FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

key map not working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Gwhitneyy2k

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:04 pm

key map not working

Very new to ISBoxer software. Have gotten a 6 box team to function pretty much as intended. Follow, assist, and healing, and dps seems to be working fine. For some reason I cannot get a final few mapped keys to work.

They are the pet tank and mez key maps. When I try the debugger I do not see any text being sent. Did I miss something basic that is preventing the mapped keys in question from working?

http://www.privatepaste.com/457712623f
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:09 pm

Re: key map not working

I think the main thing you're probably missing is that when you assign a Key Map to a specific Character, like Mez is only assigned to Falfnir, the Hotkeys will only activate anything when you're in that window. But it looks like you intended for that key to be usable from any window.

So, I would say to assign these Key Maps to your whole Character Set.
<<

Gwhitneyy2k

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:33 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. So adding the character set should fix that? Will give it a shot.
<<

Gwhitneyy2k

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:38 pm

As a followup= would it make more sense to add the mez and pet tank to the class combat maps then?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:04 am

There is no definitive answer as it depends on your preferred method of maintenance.

That said, the "PRO" configuration generally will guide you to assigning skills per class, and you then assign that class keymap to the characters of that class. You then use the virtualisation capabilities so a master action will result in the execution of a class action. You already have this in place with the Combat Hotkeys, Virtual Combat, Class keymaps.

Essentially you assign your hotkeys in the Combat Hotkeys keymap, these trigger actions in the Virtual Combat keymap, and the virtualisation will then cause the appropriate skill to execute in the Class keymaps (these are easy to track as it maps them by name).

Return to Key Maps