FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mapped Key Step States... walkthrough?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

aiedz

Post Mon May 18, 2015 7:07 am

Re: Mapped Key Step States... walkthrough?

lax wrote:
What is in the actual key-map for "Disable Combat: 04" I assume that this removes the character from an ATG and puts it back in 4 seconds?

As you quoted, it says .. "turns off the DPS Key Map". I'm pretty sure he's describing a Key Map State Action, not a Target Group Action.

However, if you design your setup in such a way that temporary removal from an ATG accomplishes what you're looking for, it is a valid option.

Will the bouncing of characters through ATG's cause to much overhead in isboxer or is it fairly lightweight? If it is lightweight, then ill just go that route. Thanks again for quick response btw!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon May 18, 2015 7:12 am

In that setup he is calling a generic Mapped Key in the Class Template, which then does the Disable.
The Disable first sets the state of the Key Map/Mapped Key to off, and then sets another action to set the state of the Key Map/Mapped Key to on, but with a timer on it so it is delayed. I thought I had seen an example somewhere on this, but maybe I just worked it out as I can't find it anymore.

When I implemented this, I used a Key Map Action -> Mapped Key State Action and disabled just a Mapped Key, rather than the whole Key Map, so I could still route other mapped keys via the virtualised Key Map. This allowed me to interrupt if necessary.

When you are disabling anything, you disable the Virtual Key Map/Mapped Key. i.e. the one that is being replaced by some other one.
So if you have HOT KEYS -> CLASS VIRTUALS -> CLASS SPECIFIC, then you would disable the Key Map/Mapped Key of CLASS VIRTUALS. If you disable the whole CLASS VIRTUALS Key Map this will prevent your toon from doing other mapped keys routed through it.
You disable the CLASS VIRTUALS as if breaks the chain, and your HOT KEYS have nothing to call anymore, so the toon gets no instruction. It is also done this way because if you disable the CLASS SPECIFIC, then when it is re-enabled it loses the positioning within the rotation, and restarts at Step 1.

One thing that may not be clear initially, but eventually sunk in to me, is every toon gets their own copy of all these key maps/mapped keys (and other things), so when you disable the mapped key or key map, then it only happens for that toon (depending on configuration), so each toon can have different cooldowns on their skills, and thus different disabled timers running, and they will not interfere with another toon's cooldowns (again this depends on whether you have configured it right - basically if you are sending to self, then it is probably right).
<<

Gorthu

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:41 pm

I have a question about what happens when there is no valid target and the key is pressed. The skill will not activate due to no valid target, but wouldn't the keymap think it was used and suspend the skill? The timers would begin working, right?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:59 pm

Gorthu wrote:I have a question about what happens when there is no valid target and the key is pressed. The skill will not activate due to no valid target, but wouldn't the keymap think it was used and suspend the skill? The timers would begin working, right?

ISBoxer does not have knowledge of what actually happens in the game, and so it must do the same thing (change states, activate timers, etc) when you press the key regardless of whether the game allows the skill to activate or not.
Previous

Return to Key Maps