FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

KeyMap Basics

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Jarex000

Post Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:22 pm

KeyMap Basics

I'm 2 boxing using a single window, where I press a key binding from primary character so that the secondary will cast a spell. My problem is that the secondary wont cast the spell till I tab to that screen.

I also cant switch characters fast, pressing the hotkey I setup just takes me to desktop.

http://pastebin.com/fTMRKiE4
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:33 pm

Re: KeyMap Basics

I'll look into the thing about showing the desktop. It's probably a bug related to using the per-window hotkey without having a Window Layout configured.

As far as your Key Map, it is not currently assigned to your Character Set and therefore won't be active. Select your Clicks key map in the top pane, then drag your Character Set from the top pane into the key map in he bottom left pane
<<

canny

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:10 am

I'm a new user having exactly the same issue as the original poster except I have 3 instances open. I appear to have the character set and the characters activated for the mapped key and have attempted to follow every guide I could find over the last few days with no success. I have cut down my original plans to just 1 key because I know if I can get one to work, I can get them all to work.

http://www.privatepaste.com/dc785dbc00 for the profile
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:34 am

canny wrote:I'm a new user having exactly the same issue as the original poster except I have 3 instances open. I appear to have the character set and the characters activated for the mapped key and have attempted to follow every guide I could find over the last few days with no success. I have cut down my original plans to just 1 key because I know if I can get one to work, I can get them all to work.

http://www.privatepaste.com/dc785dbc00 for the profile

Okay, I would highly prefer that you open a new thread next time and I'll make the determination if your issue is the same as someone else's ;)

Your issue is not the same as the OP's. :)

The issue YOU are having is that you're playing EQ1 and either didn't select "EverQuest" from the first drop-down when you created this team, OR that after you ran the Quick Setup Wizard, you un-checked the "Make game believe it is foreground window" box in your Character Set. If that box is not checked, you're not going to be able to send keys to the other EQ1 windows, no matter what guide you follow.

Since you've also changed default aspects of the Key Maps that the Quick Setup Wizard made (e.g. the default behavior for any Mapped Key in the "Combat" key map is now to do something whenever you press OR release the Hotkey), I would recommend the following solution:

1. In the File menu, select Clear
2. Run the Quick Setup Wizard and make sure you select EverQuest in the first drop-down box. This will automatically configure options that are required for EQ1 like "Make game believe it is foreground window"

Then to get started making changes:
3. Quick Start Guide 40, Part 4: Gameplay as a multiboxer and the section below it (Start customizing) tell you most of what you need to know to get started; most other guides will probably just confuse you.
4. The very latest build of ISBoxer (within the last 24 hours) has a brand new Mapped Key Wizard that can help you create common types of Key Maps.
<<

canny

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:54 am

Thank you for the swift response, I am now now using ISboxer to do everything I wanted and am extremely happy with it. However, I am unable to bring other windows (such as the web browser and even the ISboxer window) to the front whilst playing. I run 2 monitors, one of which is filled by my primary characters window, the second has 2 character windows on top of each other using 1280x1024 of the 1600x1200 screen so I can monitor a particular webpage and interact with it when needed. Is there a way I can achieve this without minimising the EQ windows as this seems to crash the client when I restore it (I have read in another post that you already know of this issue).
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:00 am

In your Window Layout you can set the "Always on Top Mode" for Regions to Off.
<<

canny

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:23 am

Alge wrote:In your Window Layout you can set the "Always on Top Mode" for Regions to Off.

Thank you that sounds like it should fix it. Will test later :D

Return to Key Maps