FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EVE] ALT GR problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Macklol

Post Sat May 12, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: ALT GR problem

Unfortunately, it still changes my keyboard language setting to English whenever I launch my team even with the Switch Input Language binding in windows disabled.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat May 12, 2012 8:07 pm

Macklol wrote:Unfortunately, it still changes my keyboard language setting to English whenever I launch my team even with the Switch Input Language binding in windows disabled.

There is another setting in the Region and Language settings, the default language for non-unicode programs. If that's set to English, then that's what it will be when you launch the game. :)
<<

Macklol

Post Sat May 12, 2012 11:11 pm

lax wrote:
Macklol wrote:Unfortunately, it still changes my keyboard language setting to English whenever I launch my team even with the Switch Input Language binding in windows disabled.

There is another setting in the Region and Language settings, the default language for non-unicode programs. If that's set to English, then that's what it will be when you launch the game. :)

Yeah, it was set to the correct language, but I solved it anyway. Just press your Windows key binding to change input language while having ISBoxer Toolkit as active window and it makes all instances of WoW the same language. Suppose I missed that one :P
<<

Manni

Post Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:11 pm

is there a possibility to use "alt gr" as an independent key to "strg alt" or are the fixed together?
The binding with "alt gr" prevents any useful usage of exclamations and special keys but to change the whole configuration is something I really want to avoid. Any workaround with that?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:26 pm

Holy necro batman!.

AltGR is effectively the same as RIGHTCTRL+RIGHTALT, so yes, you can setup things to respond to it, but they are effectively CTRL+ALT+SOMTHING (depends on what you want to respond to ALTGR as to whether you get the option of specifying left/right for the modifier).
<<

Manni

Post Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:12 pm

I want only avoid that ISB/innerspace is reacting on "Altgr+number" while "alt + strg + number" is activated.
Screenchange is done in my config with the later but I cannot find in ISB the configuration option for disabling "altgr" and setting up only "alt + strg".
The setup is highly complicated and it has to be something which was there in the standard settings because I didn't setup "altgr".
How can I remove or disable only the "altgr" and prevent "alt strg" from removal?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:21 pm

The switch windows hotkeys are by default CTRL+ALT+1, CTRL+ALT+2, etc.
As these are registered as Windows hotkeys, then there is no differentiation between Left/Right.

And as ALTGR === ALT+CTRL, and STRG === CTRL, then alt+strg === ALT+CTRL, so ALTGR === ALT+STRG according to Windows, and it's hotkeys. You can't separate them and treat them differently.

If you want to change the Hotkey to Switch to this Window option, then it can be found under each slot in a character set.
<<

Manni

Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:41 pm

Many thanks Bob. I was afraid about that.
Previous

Return to Key Maps