FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Activating keystrokes when I am switching windows..

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bkieft80

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:13 pm

Activating keystrokes when I am switching windows..

Does not appear to be working... in EQ 1 I have 1 mapped to assist my tank and send in their pet and I want that to activate when I switch windows to that toon and it keeps saying it's already in use when I try to use 1 on 3 of the toons. What am I doing wrong?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:59 am

Re: Activating keystrokes when I am switching windows..

In order to help you with this specific behavior, I need to see how it is configured :)

HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support
<<

bkieft80

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:26 am

Deleted.. wrong thread!
Last edited by bkieft80 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Xeniaz

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:39 am

You can create mapped keys to perform the actions that you are requesting. To create those mapped keys, please refer to this link.
http://isboxer.com/wiki/Quick_Start_Guide#Quickly_add_many_broadcasting_hotkeys
<<

bkieft80

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:04 am

sorry I'm confused... I tried setting it up according to that help doc. Basically I setup Shift+2, Shift+3, and Shift+4... I want to use Shift+2 to send a command to my 2nd window character to do the hot key number 1 (which assists the tank and sends in pet). I want to do that for Characters 2, 3 and 4 but I don't know how to link Shift+2, Shift+3, and Shift+4 to allow me to do that. What am I doing wrong?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:21 am

I still need to see how you have ISBoxer configured in order to help you with this issue. I think Xeniaz misunderstood what you said, but either way we can't help you with what you configured wthout seeing it ;)
<<

bkieft80

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:59 pm

I think I did this right..

http://www.privatepaste.com/bcd6c1aea1
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:33 pm

sorry I'm confused... I tried setting it up according to that help doc. Basically I setup Shift+2, Shift+3, and Shift+4... I want to use Shift+2 to send a command to my 2nd window character to do the hot key number 1 (which assists the tank and sends in pet). I want to do that for Characters 2, 3 and 4 but I don't know how to link Shift+2, Shift+3, and Shift+4 to allow me to do that. What am I doing wrong?

Okay. I am also confused by what you're trying to do, especially since the first post had to do with switching windows and this question is not the same ;)

You started out right, by using Many New Mapped Keys. There is a small change to make to your Mapped Keys after making them like this, in order to send a different key combination than the key you pressed. Many New Mapped Keys set it up to send Shift+2 when you press Shift+2, rather than 1 when you press Shift+2.

So here's what to do:
1. In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Key Maps, select Combat (the Key Map your Mapped Keys are in)
2. In the bottom left pane in ISBoxer, under Mapped Keys, select "Shift+2" (your Mapped Key)
3. If you want to change the Hotkey -- the key YOU PRESS to activate this mapping -- do so now in the bottom right pane, the top option is called "Hotkey" and you can change it with the < button. If you want to change the Key Combination being sent to the game, continue on to #4, otherwise Export to Inner Space.
4. In the bottom left pane, expand "Shift+2" (your Mapped Key) so that under it you see Steps, 1.
5. Select the 1 under Steps, so that to the right you see "Step, Actions" and under it "Shift+2 -> Jobsek" (in this case)
6. The "Shift+2 -> Jobsek" Action should already be selected on the right, so to the right of that you can change the Key Combination by clicking the < button
7. Export to Inner Space

Generally, though, I would suggest trying to use fewer keys. For example, it sounds like Shift+2, Shift+3, and Shift+4 are going to do exactly the same things in those windows, so unless you generally want those things to happen at completely different times for completely different reasons, it's probably a better idea to put them on the same Hotkey. You can do them all at once, or you can set it up so you hit the Hotkey 3 times and one at a time goes. But the idea is that you don't usually want to be activating every ability for every character individually ;)
<<

bkieft80

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:33 pm

ok so it is possible for me to just use Shift+2 to send a command to my 3 classes with pets from my tank without window switching to assist me (the tank) again without window switching .. to send the pets in to assist me on the kill? If so... can you tell me how.. I'm trying to figure it out based on your steps but still isn't working
<<

bkieft80

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:51 pm

Nitch that last reply of mine... I figured it out... did a little trial and error but I got it... thanks Lax!

Return to Key Maps