FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How many Mapped Keys?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Failboat

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:49 pm

How many Mapped Keys?

Okay, sorry if I'm doing this wrong, but I am new to the forum, and to ISBoxer in general.

I tried to search, but found nothing.

My question is, can you only map 16 keys in total?

I usually use 22 hotkeys, and would like to Key Map them all, but when I try to create a new Mapped Key after my 16th, it just disappears.

Thanks in advance.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: How many Mapped Keys?

There is definitely no such limit. My current WoW setup both has more than 16 Key Maps and has a number of Key Maps with more than 16 Mapped Keys.

To resolve your issue you are probably going to need to provide us with more specific information (exactly what you are trying to do) and/or provide a link to your ISBoxer configuration.
<<

Failboat

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Hey, and thanks for the reply.

I tried to do a copy of my ISBoxer Toolkit Profile, but I can't seem to find that Clipboard XML, or Windows Clipboard at all. (Using Windows 7)

But to explain my problem,
When I go to Key Maps > FTL DPS Keys > New Mapped Key

And create a new key it doesn't save/keep the Mapped Key. It simply disappears.

So far I've got these Mapped Keys:
1, 2, 3, 4, Q, E, Shift-Q, Shift-E, Shift-R, Shift-F, Shift-G, Shift-H, Shift-1, Shift-2, Shift-3, Shift-4.

But when I try to do: Shift-T, Shift-C, F, T, ½, or even CTRL-1,2,3
It doesn't keep them. After I press "Export All to Inner Space", they vanish.

I don't know if that is enough explanation, otherwise, I would like to ask how I can find this Windows Clipboard and the XML file :-)

Thanks in advance.
<<

Alge

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:11 pm

Failboat wrote:I tried to do a copy of my ISBoxer Toolkit Profile, but I can't seem to find that Clipboard XML, or Windows Clipboard at all. (Using Windows 7)

You're serious? If you want to paste something that is in the clipboard, either press Ctrl+V or right click and choose Paste from the context sensitive menu. To be 100% clear, you should do this in the big box on privatepaste.com.
<<

Failboat

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:21 pm

Alge wrote:
Failboat wrote:I tried to do a copy of my ISBoxer Toolkit Profile, but I can't seem to find that Clipboard XML, or Windows Clipboard at all. (Using Windows 7)

You're serious? If you want to paste something that is in the clipboard, either press Ctrl+V or right click and choose Paste from the context sensitive menu. To be 100% clear, you should do this in the big box on privatepaste.com.

I'm sorry about that. I did not know that it was called "the clipboard" when you copy/pasted something :-)

Anyways, here is a link for it: http://www.privatepaste.com/7d530eefbb

Once again, thank you for helping me out :-)
<<

Alge

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:45 pm

ok, in that file you linked you have 19 mapped keys and one of them uses Ctrl+1 as the Hotkey so the issue is neither a hard-coded limit on the number of mapped keys or there being something different about the Hotkeys you chose.

The issue is (most likely in my opinion) that you are not using unique names for your mapped keys but are instead just leaving them called "New Mapped Key". In fact, when I made a new mapped key using this default name it overwrote one of the mapped keys in your configuration so I am almost definite this is the cause.

To fix this you should:
  1. give each existing Mapped Key a unique name (right click the Mapped Key in the bottom left pane and choose rename)
  2. give each new Mapped Key a unique name as it is created - see Creating a Mapped Key
<<

Failboat

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:08 pm

First of all, I would like to thank you Alge, for helping me out here.
Really nice for a first timer to get to a new fora and get this kind of help, even though my questions and problems might have seemed a little noobish :-)

Your suggestion worked, for some reason.. I know I renamed my Mapped Keys the other times as well, even though it didn't save them. But I might have done something wrong anyways.

All in all, thank you for your help, have a great evening :-)
<<

Alge

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:25 pm

You're welcome - happy boxing :)

Return to Key Maps