FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Difficulties with new profile

Moderator: MiRai

<<

krazykow

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:12 pm

Difficulties with new profile

my team of DKs is working fine and I figured I would create a new team now of 4x shammy and 1x Pally.

I created the chars and have only assigned 2 dps keys. The struggles so far has been new ones for me and I am unsure what is wrong.

Issue 1:
When I type Alt + Ctrl + I = Invite. I get a message cannot invite self to group.

Issue 2:
Also when logging in, I want Account WOW1 to be the main window and the window from which I control it all. That will be my tanking pally, but I get a message that ISboxer expected another char in that window.

Issue 3:
My main DPS key will be G1 on the Logitech G11 keybaord. This key wil fire off a 2 step macro. In slot one on my action bar I have 1 macro with a cast sequence. In slot 2, I have another macro with a proc sequence. The G1 key is not being sent to any windows. Any idea why?

Below is my ISboxer config file with char names to hopefully help.

http://www.privatepaste.com/411e7eff0f

thank you in advance.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Re: Difficulties with new profile

The order of your team is wrong.

Basically, you made the team with Toon A (in Slot 1) and Toon B (in Slot 2), etc.
In the toolkit.
And then exported.

IS Boxer expects you to log them in, so that Toon A is in the first window that opens.
But you have a different toon in that slot.

Irregardless of what slot they start in, you can window swap to the desired play region.
By logging them in, in the correct slots, you'll remove issues 1 & 2.

To use a G-Keyboard, you need to run the software as an Administrator.
You can then use the software that came with it.
Alternatively, you can clear out the profile entirely, so everything is blank and then use the G-Keys as hotkeys within IS Boxer.
I went with this latter approach.
When you're setting the hotkey, you cannot press the G-Key, but you can click the arrow to the right of the key press window and then scroll down to the G1 key.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Difficulties with new profile

krazykow wrote:When I type Alt + Ctrl + I = Invite. I get a message cannot invite self to group.

I presume you mean Shift+Alt+I. The reason for this is the same as below.

Also when logging in, I want Account WOW1 to be the main window and the window from which I control it all. That will be my tanking pally, but I get a message that ISboxer expected another char in that window.

Then this account/character must be in Slot 1 of your character set. I can't tell whether that is so because of your inane naming scheme. If it already is this way and you experience this problem after exporting from ISBoxer only, you may need to manually swap to a different window. Once you have everything in the right place, ensure save account info is checked in the wow client and the correct client will then load in the correct window.[\quote]

My main DPS key will be G1 on the Logitech G11 keybaord. This key wil fire off a 2 step macro. In slot one on my action bar I have 1 macro with a cast sequence. In slot 2, I have another macro with a proc sequence. The G1 key is not being sent to any windows. Any idea why?

The G1 key shouldn't be being sent to any windows as that is not how you set it up. G1 is only the hotkey (what you press), not what is sent. The problem is not there though, the problem is that you haven't added your Character Set to the new Key Map you created. See Using the Key Map editor.

Note also that you now have multiple mapped keys configured for 2 thru =. You probably want to either delete one set or just remove your character set from the key map that that character set won't be using.

EDIT: Ualaa types faster than me obviously :)

Return to Key Maps