FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Held repeating key

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Virge

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:46 pm

Held repeating key

I've read and understand that using ISBoxer to automate multiple keystrokes is not something that is allowed.

However, I have multiple keys where I simply mash 1 button for long periods of time. Is it possible to simply HOLD that button and have that button repeatedly sent to the client? IE if I want it to just send "1" every few seconds, is there a way of doing so with me holding down the one key manually? It's very stressful to mash the 1 key for hours on end, I'd love to be able to just hold it down and have it fire off for me without the need to depress.

Most of my grinding seriously consists of just hitting 1 over and over for hours. Would be swell to just be able to hold it down for the duration of the mob in question.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:26 pm

Re: Held repeating key

What you describe is commonly called "autofire" and is different to the HOLD option in ISBoxer. Hold in ISBoxer is used for things like movement keys, where you continue moving as long as the button is held down. Autofire is one action repeated (multiple actions), hold is one action extended over time (a single action).

Some keyboards and mice provide autofire options (I think the officially licensed swtor keyboard has this option) but using these input devices may or may not be against the terms of use of the game you are playing. It would be wise to check first.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:51 pm

Re: Held repeating key

Everything that is done in the game, is a result of something that you do now.
Not something that you did once, and the action has repeated or continued.

You cannot "bot" or "automate" your play with IS Boxer.
The features are not there, so its not an option.

You can push a hotkey, and have it output ninety-six keybinds.
But they're all a direct result of your hotkey, and occur at the time the hotkey was pressed.
In a game like World of Warcraft, most actions are restricted by the Global Cooldown; so you'd have one GCD action plus everything that was not on the GCD, but was otherwise available.

My Pally/DK Team uses...
I push "1".

It sends "1" on the initial press (to the Paladin).
And sends "2" on the next press (to the Paladin).
And resets to the first step (1) on the next press.

The DK's receive...
"1" on the first press, along with a round-robin (one after the other) of Mind-Freeze (which is off of the Global Cooldown).
And their warcraft IWT keybind.

On the next press, they receive...
The keybinds for:
a) Howling Blast
b) Frost Strike
c) Necrotic Strike
d) Death Coil
Plus the IWT, plus the Mind Freeze thing...
Lots of pushing keys (the same as if I glued a popsicle stick across several keys and mashed them together).

I've been boxing like this literally for years and primarily in PvP, without any issues.
And with the number of people I'm sure who have petitioned/reported me for "cheating" with 5 characters... the GM's have given me, my "fair share" of scrutiny.

As long as every action your account/characters do, is a direct result of an input (key press, key release, mouse click, etc) that occurs at the time of the action, you're okay.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to Key Maps