FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Default Key Mappings for ISBoxer (Ctrl+Alt+<1 through 0>?)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jojotheslug

Post Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:58 pm

Default Key Mappings for ISBoxer (Ctrl+Alt+<1 through 0>?)

You'll have to forgive me if this has been covered somewhere else, but I'm trying to figure out the default key mappings for ISBoxer. Basically, are Ctrl+Alt+1...0 mapped to anything by default? I looked in the "Always On" Key Map and couldn't find anything. And trying to do a search resulted in my terms being too common. I seem to remember from a long time ago that those key mappings were used to switch to specifice windows? But I could be wrong.

I need to figure out how to free up those mappings so I can use them. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
-Jojo
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Default Key Mappings for ISBoxer (Ctrl+Alt+<1 through 0>?)

Ctrl+Alt+# by default are used as Slot activation (focus/swap) hotkeys. To disable the defaults, set a value per Slot for the "Hotkey to switch to this character" setting. Ctrl+Alt+1 for example is Slot 1, Ctrl+Alt+2 is Slot 2 etc. The replacement hotkeys don't need to exist and you don't need to plan on ever hitting them, so you can set them as F13, F14, etc if you want.
<<

jojotheslug

Post Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:48 am

Thanks for the prompt reply! I hate to ask you, but where are those values set? Is it in one of the .xmls?

Thanks Again!
-Jojo
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:19 am

I deliberately linked the Slot wiki page so you could find the option, which is per Slot in your Character Set.

1. In the top left pane, select your Character Set.
2. In the bottom left pane, select each Slot number
3. In the bottom right pane, the top option is "Hotkey to switch to this character". If this is NOT SET, then it will keep Inner Space's default setting, which is a global Ctrl+Alt+# hotkey.
<<

jojotheslug

Post Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:57 am

Sorry, I was overthinking it... I was just going to try and set them in whatever file the values were stored. I didn't even notice the link. I have a bad habit of getting tunnel vision. Thanks again for all your help!

-Jojo
<<

fogyreef

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:41 pm

Is there a list of these defaults somewhere?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:52 pm

This was changed this morning in ISBoxer build 40.1.0324.2, such that the default is no longer blank and confusing. It is set to Ctrl+Alt+# by default.

Return to Key Maps