FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I can not get this to work after reading the wiki =/

Moderator: MiRai

<<

galook

Post Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:19 pm

I can not get this to work after reading the wiki =/

I've read the wiki, done countless searches to try and figure this out, but can't figure it out to save my life.

I've made a new keymap called "Deathgrip Rotation" and have 4 steps under Actions.

Under General -> Mapped Keys

Deathgrip Rotation
-Advanced
-Steps
-1 NUM1 -> Character Slot 1: Toon1
-2 NUM2 -> Character Slot 2: Toon2
-3 NUM3 -> Character Slot 3: Toon3
-4 NUM4 -> Character Slot 4: Toon4

Then I do a File -> Save and File -> Export all to InnerSpace and test it in game and get nothing from the other 3 windows. I have the deathgrip bound to NUM1-4 for each toon in WoW. I'm using a naga and have tried it by pressing the regular numpad on the keyboard and with the Naga, nothing works.

And I also can't figure out how to do Death and Decay's. Do they use repeater regions so that after you press the keybind that is the same for DnD on all your toons then it goes to a repeater region where it clicks wherever you click on the main screen?

And does having 1 toon fullscreen and the other 3 on a secondary monitor in each corner so I can see them all effect anything or what?
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:01 am

Re: I can not get this to work after reading the wiki =/

Since you'll want the slaves to assist the active character, for the Death Grip...
I'd put it on one of the default FTL DPS Keys, such as "4" (or 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, -, or =).

Put all of your Death Knights into an Action Target Group.
Right click on ATG's in the Toolkit and create a group then rename it.
While the group is selected in the bottom left pane, drag your DK characters from the top pane down.

Make your Death Grip mapped key, send your Warcraft keybind for Death Grip to your DK ATG.
But check the box to round-robin, within target group.

That means it will do one toon and then another, and then another.
Not all of them at once.

For the Death & Decay, do something similar.
You don't need an assist, but an assist doesn't hurt either... so put it on a key that is convenient.

If you want to round-robin them.
Whatever hotkey you want, will work.
One step, with two actions.
a) Keystroke Action > Your_Wow_Death&Decay_Keybind > Target Your_DK_ATG.
Check round-robin, within target group.
b) Send Next Click > Target: Your_DK_ATG.
Check round-robin, within target group.

If you don't want to round-robin this (ie, have them all lay down D&D at once).
Just omit the round-robin, within target group.

I actually have both of these made.
So I can lay down the 4x D&D when I need to, but can also do them in succession to blanket a large area and pull annoying sapping rogues (^&^!) out of stealth.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:10 am

I can't troubleshoot a key map without seeing it ;) HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support

A couple things though... first... you have Death Grip on a different button on each guy in the game? Normally it's on the same button for each guy. Then it'd pretty much be a matter of trying out the "Example round-robin" hotkey that is created for you under FTL DPS Keys, with only one Step needed.

And I also can't figure out how to do Death and Decay's. Do they use repeater regions so that after you press the keybind that is the same for DnD on all your toons then it goes to a repeater region where it clicks wherever you click on the main screen?

Also in the FTL DPS Keys is a mapped key called "Example targeted AOE". This uses "Send Next Click" after starting the cast, which will pass the mouse to the characters that need it until the time you click.

So really the answer you need, for both Death grip and Death and decay, is to open up FTL DPS Keys and check out the two "Example" key maps that the wizard generated for you. They both have a Description box with helpful information as well!
<<

galook

Post Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:23 am

I was using multiple keybinds for each death grip maybe that's why the example round robin wasn't working.

Anyways, @Uaala:

Make your Death Grip mapped key, send your Warcraft keybind for Death Grip to your DK ATG.
But check the box to round-robin, within target group.

That means it will do one toon and then another, and then another.
Not all of them at once.

I made a action target group and put my DK characters in there. And then I made a death grip keymap that is the same keybind for death grip in game. The whole "send your Warcraft keybind for Death Grip to your DK ATG" part is confusing. There's no option to send a keymap to a target group unless I'm missing something.

EDIT: I think I got it. I made a keymap called "Death Grip" that has no hotkey. Under Step 1 I made a "Keystroke Action" and put my death grip key (the same on all dks) and selected "Group (all of): DeathKnightIWT" and then checked round-robin within target group. Is this correct?

Also, I got the DnD to work, I may have to try that in round robin. And all my DKs are blood right now because I rolled on a new server and have no money, mains, etc to do different glyphs, etc. Does ISBoxer work well for professions lol.

EDIT TWO: I followed exactly what Uaala said to do and the whole round robin thing going to the next toon's death grip didn't work. And when I did get the death and decay to actually fire off after placing it on one toon only it then said spell not ready yet.

Here's my config file. I'm talking about the DKS group. http://www.privatepaste.com/d3cddd6c07

EDIT THREE: At this point the way I'm getting into melee is running forward on my tank, and then backing up with the mob so the melee get in range because they literally stop JUST outside of melee range for heart strike, etc, etc. Then I have to hit Alt-F to follow again or else they just sit there when I run off. I've found out they were sitting there after like 2 pulls when I realized, these aren't dying fast, then noticed my group way back somewhere.

EDIT FOUR: I got my melee to move and attack, but after the target is dead they all run off into the abyss and I don't want to be hitting follow again after. Or will jamba addon solve that for me and I just need to use it? Also, why are my melee running in circles while spamming IWT?
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:41 pm

The running in circles is part of how the game handles IWT.

If you want the circling, which is highly beneficial for PvP, then spam the key as your toons close to melee.
If you don't want the circling, then press it once, and don't press it again until they have stopped moving and are adjacent to the mob.
Once they're adjacent, they don't have to move so pressing the key won't move them.

If you're spamming the key, and they're circling the target like crazy...
And the target dies, they will occasionally run off in random directions.
That's the game, and not a bug with IS Boxer, Jamba, or anything else.
The fix is slave independent movement, similar to "Others Jump", but sending Down Arrow or another movement key briefly.
You can also give the slaves a new target to IWT with (IWT's range is approximately 3x further than /Follow).

The act of melee combat, or of any movement or turning (including strafing) breaks follow.
IWT is essentially initiating a follow movement to the target.

You'll need to send Follow again, to initiate it again if it has broken.

I personally do not like Jamba Strobe at all, due to annoying bugs where my main constantly tries to follow one of the slaves.
But Jamba can be set to "Strobe" or initiate a new Follow command, every second... when not in combat.
The alternative is to put follow onto an easy to access key (I use a mouse thumb button), and to get into the habit of pressing it when needed; it was annoying for a day or so, but is automatic and painless now.

Pick your poison.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to Key Maps