FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Keymap config issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Kokky

Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Keymap config issue

Hi,

I made this post on the dual-boxing forum but should probably have made it on this forum, I'm just copy/pasting it, save me typing :)

I just started multiboxing and am using ISBoxer and Jamba.
I'm trying to have the key combination CTRL+& making me mount all my toons but am getting frustrated with this.

I've been at it for a few hours now and actually got it to work like three times, but when I then create a new macro the first one
stops working for some reason.

All my toons are in team1, my key maps are under "general" and my macros in "quick setup 38".
I made a new macro in "game helpers\world of warcraft" called "mountall", command is "/cast Swift Purple wind Rider" and
key combination is "CTRL+ALT+&".

Then I made a new keymap named "Mountall" under "general\mapped keys", hotkey is "CTRL+&", target is "Window:All w / Current", macro is "Mountall in quick setup 38 wow macro set"'.

When I press either of the key combinations, nothing happens. Well, that is to say, the keymap (FTL DPS 1) is executed, but not the action I mapped to CTRL+ALT+& or CTRL+&.

I saved the profile in ISBoxer, exported to Innerspace en reload the ui. I closed down all wow instances, exited Innerspace and loaded up again, still nothing.
I see no difference in the "/dance" actions which are set default in ISBoxer and my mountall button except for the assigned keys but I tried usinf different keys and combinations.

The weird thing is that it has worked several times already using the same key combination. Then when I add another macro and mapping it seems to lose the settings somehow, allthough the ISBoxer config is still there.

Either I must be doing something very wrong or there something wrong with ISBoxer/Innerspace.

Today I removed and reinstalled Innerspace and tried again but,:
The mapping stopped working again, I made some more mapping and macro and mapped them to other keys which
still work, but whenever mapping something to the top row number keys if only functions for a while and then stops.

I got a Belgian keyboard layout so 1234567890 is &é"'(§è!çà without pressing Shift.
I removed the keyboard binding in WoW for that key (without modifiers) and did the same in ISBoxer (FTP DPS1).
Still no luck...

I changed the keymap and hotkey for that macro to CTRL+ALT+F6 and CTRL+F6 and then it's working again so I just can't
seem to use &é"'(§è!çà for mappings.

I take it I'm doing something wrong here?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:40 pm

Re: Keymap config issue

The key combination you assign to a WoW macro is pretty arbitrary. Why not configure it to ctrl+shift+alt+X for example? You can still use CTRL+& as the Hotkey for ISBoxer, it will just send ctrl+shift+alt+x to WoW to activate the macro, instead of CTRL+ALT+&.

As a general rule, I recommend not assigning WoW Macros to anything related to the Action Bar hotkeys. WoW doesn't even allow me to override the Action Bar hotkeys with these macros, so if CTRL+ALT+& also happens to be one of your custom Action Bar hotkeys, ISBoxer wouldn't be able to set the macro.
<<

Kokky

Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:11 pm

I just figured I'd use those because they then somewhat resemble the actual hotkey, same key, different modifiers.
That way I would not accidently use a mapping twice.
I mapped the macro to something completely different now, using a letter+SHIFT+ALT instead of one of the top row keys and kept the hotkey CTRL+& and now it works again.
ALT+SHIFT isn't a problem, I only got one language installed (thx for your answer on the dual-box forum, sorry for the doubleposting).

TBH, I didn't quite get the mapped key/hotkey but now I see what you mean.
The mapped key is what WoW uses to execute the macro, like when I would make a keybind in WoW itself and the ISBoxer hotkey is what activates that in WoW (right?).

Created some more macros this way and they all work!

Thanks for thelp Lax, sadly this probably won't be the last stupid question you'll get from me :)

I love ISboxer btw, made the game fun again for me!
<<

angeldogsuit

Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:31 pm

sorta (way) off topic and just a semantic issue..

One of the reasons that gave me great trepidation in picking up ISBoxer is the strong denial of any "bots or macros" but then I would see plenty of references to "macros" in the chats and forum.

I realize this may be a small thing and it is kind of like calling the script kiddies "hackers" in a game like BF2.

I realize the macros referred to here do not work independently or without the key entry of the player, but the mere word "macro" conjures up visions of hordes of macro miners, and marketting bots hyping their wares every 23 seconds for 23.5/7 while the player is lounging on a beach and counting his money from his sales of ingame items on Ebay.

Lax - all you have to do is declare the terms used by cheaters to be unwelcome here and develop terms more palatable and more accurate - perhaps macro could become - "sequence" and used as "seq". If we are not cheaters, and I believe we are not or I would not be here, then we would be better served by not sounding like them and give our detractors a lot less ammunition and confusion about multiboxing.

Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:50 am

One of the reasons that gave me great trepidation in picking up ISBoxer is the strong denial of any "bots or macros" but then I would see plenty of references to "macros" in the chats and forum.

There is nothing anywhere on my site that says there are "no macros" for two reasons...
1. because the word does not generally come with the negative connotation you are implying
2. because it's not an ISBoxer feature we're discussing, but a feature of the game itself. the game uses the term Macro, in its user interface, to describe macros that can be created in the game, as part of the base game client.

Some games use different words -- in EverQuest 1 the macro system is (was?) referred to by a misnomer, "Social" (wtf?). Some games, like EVE, don't have a macro system to speak of (hence your confusion in a WoW thread). So we don't use the word. The related words in ISBoxer are Mapped Keys, and Key Maps.

Sorry.
<<

angeldogsuit

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:33 pm

I realize how difficult it is to use all the terms from all the games without getting a mixed meaning somewhere. I misspoke when I mentioned macros not being shown on the site. You are correct and I apologize for my error.

However:

In Eve - "Macro" is another name for a cheater.

MM = macro miner and for someone who actually uses a macro to mine and if caught will be perma banned. So honest miners consider them a scourge.

Botting is usually used to describe a 'toon which is hyping an item for sale and is usually a scam, bringing it's own level of negativity. And of course, botting is really just another use of a macro. So anyone visiting Jita and being deluged by bots set on repeating their hype every few seconds loathe them because every visit to Jita means adding another 30 - 40 accounts to the block list before the local chat scroll gets slowed down enough to see anything.

There are macros which will initiate another sell order when one is sold. The market is full of "penny pinchers" who strive to have the lowest price on the market to be the next one sold - so marketeers will keep knocking a penny off of a billion isk item to get that lower spot - if anyone enters a sell order for a large quantity, then everyone who wants a quick sale will go under that amount, even though many would be content to wait out the few items priced lower, but do not want to wait out a large order to sell off - hence, the macro to post another sell order for a quantity of one whenever the last sell order of quantity one is sold. I do that manually if I have a large number of expensive items to move fast, like two dozen Abaddons. I'll keep checking that 'toon to post another ship for sale because I know that posting a sell order for even 5 Abaddons will initiate 5-10 penny pincher moves below me. If I leave a sell order for 24 Abaddons, it will take me weeks to get my price, but I can get near my price by dogging the market with orders of 1 and sell them all in a few hours. You know when you have a macro marketeer when you want to buy several items and see one order for one at the lowest price and you buy that one expecting to have to get the next few at higher prices, but another order insta-pops up for the same price and after a few buys at that price (and the same named seller in the transaction log) you get a different price and a different seller name in the trans log. You cannot tell the seller's name until you buy. - so marketeers really dislike macro marketeers.

There are macros which will allow the traveller to jump form gate to gate without being exposed during the normal 15km crawl to the gate giving gankers plenty of time to examine your cargo and decide if you are worth ganking - so gankers, a large population in Eve, hate macroers.

In short, just about everyone in Eve who does not use macros has a reason to dislike those who do. I'm sure that some macroers like to knock off some competition by reporting other macroers. Every discovered macroer gets perma banned. There may be some class of macro user who get a temp ban, but I'm not aware of it.

A few years back, Eve banned over 3000 accounts during a daily downtime which had been discovered and confirmed as using macros.

If I posted this post in a local chat or any public chat, I would get at least temp ban on posting chats and the unwanted scrutiny that would ensue. Discussing how a macro works as I did for the marketing macro, would be construed as promoting athe used of a cheat.

Macro may be a normal term in some games, but in Eve, anything mentioning the mere word "macro" gets the antennae of many raised. It kept me away from ISBoxer for several months, as I did not want to spend any time on a "macro" site which might record my address and be a trap set by CCP to catch macroers - a tool they have used before. It was not until I happened across the Senior GM post from about 3 years ago being referenced in a chat where a multi-boxer was being accused of cheating. In fact, the first time I used the term multi-boxer in later and different chat, everyone thought I was referring to anyone who played with multiple accounts - one poster went as far as to explain that eve actually comes in a box for some buyers, so more than one account means multi boxing. When I explained a different meaning for multi-boxing, the chat filled right away with flames about violating the EULA and getting perma-banned and me being a cheater. I posted the link to the Sr GM (named LeLouch?) then nothing was posted for a minute or two as I was sure everyone was running down the link. When the chat resumed, there were accusations that I had created that link and it was photoshopped and they were going to petition me. Others who accepted the link as authentic stated they thought it was sitll cheating and giving an advantage - an advantage that anyone can have... Others who were vocal earlier were silent and I think they were googling multi-boxing.

So, whenever I saw the term macro used here, my knee jerk response was, "YIKES!!!"

Thanks
<<

cyankeemn

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:23 am

Maybe a little late on this, but, this might help.

Since you are using Jamba, I assume you are playing WoW.

When I play all my characters solo, I always set the number 1 Key for my mount. If a character is less then level 20, I leave it blank. So, when I started using ISBoxer, I found that the #1 key was already setup. When I hit it, all the toons get on their mounts. I know it is defaulted to auto attack, but I am a mouse person and I click a lot. :)
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:11 pm

Everyone will have their own configuration.

IS Boxer for me, has these Key maps.
- Control, always on.
- General, applies to every team.
- FTL DPS,most teams don't use this but instead a copy of this, when is then set for that team... so I can heavily modify it (round-robin DPS 3, on one team but not on the others, etc).

In General, I have Shift F1 through Shift F10.
Just sends that keybind to all/most windows.
Shift F10 is ground mounts.
Shift F5 is air mounts.
Shift F9 is drink for mana.
Etc..

That system works for me.
Yours will eventually work for you.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to Key Maps