FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Key Binding

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Darkdidj

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:37 am

Key Binding

Hello, I'm new to the Isboxer universe, and I'm a little confuse, but I seem to finally find my way in here.

Here is my problem. In my Wow Account, I function with key binding (which I suppose you call Key map)

I use the following set of key in WoW :

1-2-3-4-Shift Mouse 5 - Shift Mouse 4 - Mouse 5 - Mouse 4 - Shift Q - Shift E -Q - E.

Everything passed over the 4 key doesn't work!!!!

I tried to look in the Isboxer kit, but I can't seem to find the place I need to go, I can see Key Maps, and many key, but that's it....

Oh, and BTW, the mouse 4-5 are button on the left of my mouse (got the Gigabyte Ghost)

Can you fix me ???? :P

Thanks in advance!!!!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Key Binding

WoW Quick Start Guide: Quickly add many hotkeys, optionally with auto-assist
Do that, and in the box hit the following combos:
* Shift+Mouse 5
* Shift+Mouse 4
* Mouse 5
* Mouse 4
* Shift+Q
* Shift+E
* Q
* E

I would actually advise not having to broadcast mouse clicks (e.g. mouse4/5) because they depend on what's under the cursor in each window at the time. People regularly ask why their mount (for example) didn't work when it was bound to mouse5 and the answer was whatever UI happened to be in the way in the game. ;)

If you must broadcast mouse buttons like this, you will need to modify the mappings for them to at least match the cursor to where it is in the current window, after creating them with the linked instructions. Here's what to do:
1. In the top left pane, under Key Maps, select the Key Map you put your hotkeys in (probably FTL DPS Keys)
2. In the bottom left pane, under Mapped Keys, EXPAND the Mapped Key for Mouse4 by clicking the +, so under it you see Steps, 1
3. Still in the bottom left pane, select the 1 under Steps, so that on the right you now see Actions, and Mouse4 -> all (or whatever it is) under it
4. In the bottom right pane, right click on Actions (what I pointed out in step 3) and select New Sync Cursor Action
5. To the right is now the fields for a Sync Cursor Action. It's pretty simple. Set the Target to the same as you're sending the mouse click to (e.g. Window:All w/o Current)
6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 for the other mouse click combos (Shift+Mouse4, Mouse5, Shift+Mouse5)
<<

Darkdidj

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:31 pm

Hello, thanks for the advice, but the binding are not working.... :(

I tried everything you asked... but I do tried something and I don't know why it happens.

If I press the mouse 5 button, it won't work...

But when I press CTRL then my mouse, now it select the spell and cast it.... I don't know why this is doing this...

Any clue ????
<<

ippaku

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:21 pm

Do you have that key bound to something already in the game? if you don't use isboxer to launch and hit that key combo does it do anything?

Return to Key Maps