FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[Solved] Some keys not broadcasting from one char

Moderator: MiRai

<<

legancer

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:03 am

[Solved] Some keys not broadcasting from one char

Hello,

I have a weird problem which I just can't figure out how to solve.

I have five chars. All key maps works on all chars except for two keys on one of the chars. The char is in slot 5. If I move it to slot 4, then it still doesn't work. I have checked the keybindings in-game in order to make sure there is no conflict. I also tried to overwrite the WTF folder from another char.

These keys doesn't work:
ALT + F (default follow keybinding in ISBoxer) All other chars can get the trouble char to follow the master. The trouble char can't get anyone to follow him.
½ (mapped to interact with) All other chars can get the trouble char to interact, but the trouble char cannot get anyone to interact) the trouble char interacts fine if I press the interact button locally on the trouble char screen.

I tried to rebuild the Character Set using the wizard. Then all of a sudden no-one could get the trouble-char to follow anyone, but the trouble char could get anyone to follow him.

All other key maps works fine between all chars, but the two above doesn't. If I change the keymap for Follow (ALT+F) to another key combination then it still doesn't work.

Legancer
Last edited by legancer on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

legancer

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:48 am

Re: Some keys not broadcasting from one char

Ok it's definitely down to something with FTL modifers as described here: http://isboxer.com/index.php/guides/31- ... and-follow

None of these solutions seems to work. I guess option 2 in the above link is actually what I'm experiencing.

Will get back with more info.
<<

legancer

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:25 am

Re: Some keys not broadcasting from one char

Update.

I tried switching characters again between 4 and 5. Now the new char in slot 5 has this issue. It's definitely something with the FTL modifiers. The "problem slot" is currently set to "Right CTRL". When is this FTL modifer mapped and where is it mapped? Is it mapped in Jamba, WoW or the ISBoxer addon? How do I edit it?

Legancer
<<

legancer

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:50 am

Re: [Solved] Some keys not broadcasting from one char

Finally fixed it! :-)

It seems like the actual assist/follow macros bound to e.g. ALT+F which defines the different slots are hardcoded and you can't change them. I found this post where lax explains the key combinations: viewtopic.php?p=949

I changed the FTL modifers on slot 5 to LEFT Ctrl + LEFT Shift, send /reload to all windows and it worked. Setting it to RIGHT Shift + RIGHT Ctrl didn't work.

Thanks lax for passively helping me out :-)

Legancer
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:38 pm

legancer wrote:Finally fixed it! :-)

It seems like the actual assist/follow macros bound to e.g. ALT+F which defines the different slots are hardcoded and you can't change them. I found this post where lax explains the key combinations: viewtopic.php?p=949

I changed the FTL modifers on slot 5 to LEFT Ctrl + LEFT Shift, send /reload to all windows and it worked. Setting it to RIGHT Shift + RIGHT Ctrl didn't work.

Thanks lax for passively helping me out :-)

Legancer

They're not hardcoded, they're defined in the WoW Macro Library under Game Helpers.
<<

legancer

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:11 pm

Hey lax,

Yes I found the library, but it wasn't really clear to me how the actual mapping to the different slots occured. I know you set the FTL modifiers under the slot in the Character Set configuration but how the actual mapping occurs is til a mystery to me :)

Eg. if I change the modifier for slot 5 to right ctrl + right shift, then the mappings doesn't work, even though it's not being used by other slots. Even reloadign wow didn't "remap" this key combination to slot 5. It seemed to only work with the combination left ctrl + left shift.

Nevertheless, I'm a happy ISBoxer again now. Off to configure my round robin windshear macro now :)

L

Return to Key Maps