FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Unusual Keymap issue - Please assist

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Garethnr

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:37 pm

Unusual Keymap issue - Please assist

Hi

Ive been using Is boxer on and off for a year or two to 5 box in WoW and am pretty familiar with it. I recently reinstalled Innerspace and Isboxer and started setting up my multiboxing Isboxer profile and settings from scratch.

Usually if you have a key mapped (such as the "q" or "f" key in my case) to a function in Isboxer then it will not work as a normal key when you are trying to type in WoW (i.e. in chat etc). This can of course be solved by turning off key maps when typing. This used to work fine in my previous Isboxer installation.

However in my new install I am unable to use keymapped keys in chat etc even when key maps are fully disabled! I have never had this problem before.

I am not interested in adding a modifier to the keymaps get around this (i.e. ctrl/alt/shift) and I need to have normal straight up letters keymapped but also type with them when keymaps have been disabled.
I know that when keymaps are disabled there should be no reason that keymapped keys should not be able to type correctly into chat etc. So what can be causing this?

Please help thanks
Gareth
<<

Kaische

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: Unusual Keymap issue - Please assist

<<

Garethnr

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:07 pm

Thanks for your help, but i dont think this is the problem. I have the same issue with wizard generated key maps also. For instance the "follow" keymap under "control". I added hotkey "f" to it (this worked in my previous isboxer installation) and it still will not switch on/off with key map toggle.
<<

Whordie

Post Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:22 pm

Have you tried to not use just a letter for a hotkey? So instead of using 'q' use 'shift = q' or alt, ctrl keys? this works for me.
<<

Garethnr

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:16 am

Whordie wrote:Have you tried to not use just a letter for a hotkey? So instead of using 'q' use 'shift = q' or alt, ctrl keys? this works for me.

Thanks Whordie. But I did point out in my post that I have no interst using a modifier key to solve this issue (alt/ctrl/shift).

I realized I have clearly posted this in the wrong area anyway and should have been under keymap issue forum area.

Any chance of moving this please Lax?
<<

Garethnr

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:17 am

Many thanks for moving my post Lax.

If anyone else has ideas on how to solve my problem I would be grateful :)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:05 am

ISBoxer works like this: You press the hotkey and it presses the key combination in game. If you set the key combination to be the same
as your hotkey then you can, in fact, use those keys in game while typing. If the keys in question are special (e.g. round-robin, certain
characters only, etc.), then there is no way around this and you'll have to shut off key maps to type.

The next generation of software should address this, I believe.
<<

Garethnr

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:28 pm

MiRai wrote:ISBoxer works like this: You press the hotkey and it presses the key combination in game. If you set the key combination to be the same
as your hotkey then you can, in fact, use those keys in game while typing. If the keys in question are special (e.g. round-robin, certain
characters only, etc.), then there is no way around this and you'll have to shut off key maps to type.

The next generation of software should address this, I believe.

Thanks for you advice but im sorry, you seem to have misunderstood my post? In my original post I said, and i quote "I am unable to use keymapped keys in chat etc even when key maps are fully disabled". You seemed to make out I wished to type keymapped keys while keymaps was "on".

I AM shutting off keymaps to type, but these keymapped keys (which are direct keyboard keys with no modifier) are still not able to type even with keymaps off. In my previous installation of Isboxer (before i reinstalled it) everything was fine and the keymaps in question were set up the same (in the same Isboxer menu's etc) and they "would" switch off for typing when keymaps was off.

So what Im saying is that I have set things up exactly as per my original installation (which worked fine) but now I am having this issue where I wasnt before with the same setup ( everything in same isboxer menus with same commands etc etc ). Weird....
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm

Garethnr wrote:Thanks for you advice but im sorry, you seem to have misunderstood my post? In my original post I said, and i quote "I am unable to use keymapped keys in chat etc even when key maps are fully disabled". You seemed to make out I wished to type keymapped keys while keymaps was "on".

I completely understand what you said and someone else gave you a link to the FAQ which covers how to add non-default key maps to
the on/off toggle switch. You mentioned you didn't think that was your issue so, I gave you an alternative on how to avoid having to
shut off key maps but still make them useable in chat.

Garethnr wrote: I AM shutting off keymaps to type, but these keymapped keys (which are direct keyboard keys with no modifier) are still not able to type even with keymaps off. In my previous installation of Isboxer (before i reinstalled it) everything was fine and the keymaps in question were set up the same (in the same Isboxer menu's etc) and they "would" switch off for typing when keymaps was off.

So what Im saying is that I have set things up exactly as per my original installation (which worked fine) but now I am having this issue where I wasnt before with the same setup ( everything in same isboxer menus with same commands etc etc ). Weird....

You'll have to post your ISBoxer profile for someone to look at it. Check the stickies at the top of each forum on how to do so.
<<

legancer

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:13 am

Hello,

I have the exact same issue with some keys still being active when I disable Key Maps... I fairly sure though that it's because I didn't create them using the wizard. Will check when I get home and let you know. Garethnr, were you able to solve your issue this way?

Legancer
Next

Return to Key Maps