FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Keymapping - Advancing Steps?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

corydm

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:13 am

Keymapping - Advancing Steps?

With my current key bindings, I have 4 steps, but I have to press the key each time to have it perform the next step. I believe this is normal, but this is not the way I Wanted it to work. I want to press my G17 button, and have it perform each of those steps, .1 seconds apart without me having to press anymore keys. I am also sending 2 keys per step, simultaneously to seperate windows. I will most likely be pressing more keys during the time it takes for these actions to perform. Thanks!

What am I missing? How do I achieve this? Been missing with it for a bit now, and I just can't seem to get it right.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:42 am

Re: Keymapping - Advancing Steps?

corydm wrote:With my current key bindings, I have 4 steps, but I have to press the key each time to have it perform the next step. I believe this is normal, but this is not the way I Wanted it to work. I want to press my G17 button, and have it perform each of those steps, .1 seconds apart without me having to press anymore keys. I am also sending 2 keys per step, simultaneously to seperate windows. I will most likely be pressing more keys during the time it takes for these actions to perform. Thanks!

What am I missing? How do I achieve this? Been missing with it for a bit now, and I just can't seem to get it right.

You're missing nothing because you cannot achieve this in ISBoxer. What you're wanting to do is considered automation and unless you
can accomplish delays/timers in the game's macro system itself, ISBoxer isn't going to do it for you.
<<

corydm

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:13 pm

So I want to press one button and make that /assist and then /cast.... That is complete automation. That is obviously debatable, but other ISBoxer says it works for them just fine. but oh well.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:52 pm

corydm wrote:So I want to press one button and make that /assist and then /cast.... That is complete automation. That is obviously debatable, but other ISBoxer says it works for them just fine. but oh well.

You didn't mention what game you're actually playing but, every single MMO that I've played (which has included a macro system) has
included some sort of /assist and /cast within that system -- Both of which have been able to be accomplished within a single macro.

You stated that you wanted to have steps automatically move from one to the next via a delay that you would set in
ISBoxer and that's not how the software works. If you're playing a game which allows you to set a delay between casts (i.e. Aion) then
you create those macros in the game itself and tell ISBoxer to press the key which is bound in-game. If you're playing a game like World
of Warcraft, where there is no such delay command in the macro system, then you can't set an automatic delay. It's been designed this
way on purpose so that people don't abuse the system.

Return to Key Maps