FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[Q] Meaning of 'Target' in KM properties window?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mtp1032

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:11 am

[Q] Meaning of 'Target' in KM properties window?

I have a dual-box setup in which one character is the Master and the other the Slave. In the Keystroke configuration pane the <Target> drop-down menu lists a choice of targets -- Master, Slave, Character Slot: 1(Master), Character Slot: 2 (Slave), Character: Master, Character: Slave and so forth.

Now, I want the Slave (a healer) to execute the spell bound to button 8 on its main action bar. So, I set up a Mapped Key to be executed everytime the Master issues the hotkey <alt><shift><2>. In this case, ISBoxer sends the character '8' to the process in which the Slave resides and it obediently casts the correct spell. As described, this works fine.

But, here's the question: I am only able to get this to work if I specify Character Slot:1(Master) or Character: Master as the target!

Either I've misconfigured something or I don't understand what 'Target' means in the context of ISBoxer. I understood 'Target' to mean the process to which the Master sends the character '8', i.e., the process in which the Slave resides.

What have I missed?

I am using the latest ISBoxer -- Version 39.1.818.1

Cheers,
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:35 pm

Re: [Q] Meaning of 'Target' in KM properties window?

You're not misunderstanding "Target".

To help you figure out what is wrong, it would really help to see your configuration. See the "How to share your configuration" sticky at the top of each forum section for how to do that.
<<

mtp1032

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:02 pm

My config XML file can be read at...

http://www.privatepaste.com/033558c1be

I"m sure I'm missing something simply so thanks for any help you can provide

M
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:41 am

I don't see anything in your configuration assigned to Shift+Alt+2 or that sends 8, or that sends anything specifically to the "master" either by slot or character name. So I can't comment specifically on anything you asked in your previous post and I'm not sure which keys you're having a problem with...

All I can really tell you from it as configured is that your Key Maps are assigned to Devorah and only Devorah and so if you're ever playing from the other window, none of the Hotkeys will activate. And that the Mage Healer Key Map is not assigned and none of the Hotkeys will activate.

One thing you might run unto, with the Hold option specifically, is that if you're sending a keystroke to the CURRENT WINDOW (whichever window that might be), the modifiers you are holding yourself are going to be active in the current window regardless of whether or not you put them on your Keystroke Action. In other words, if you make a keystroke Ctrl+Z to send Z to all windows and it has the Hold option enabled, the other windows get Z, and the current window gets Z but Ctrl is held (by you) in this window. (This is specifically with the Hold option enabled.)

Return to Key Maps