FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Round Robin

Moderator: MiRai

<<

beazer247

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Round Robin

i've been searching around looking up round robin wondering exactly what is and what can it do for a team of one paladin and two shamans. I'm just a bit curious because i like multi boxing but im still really new to it and im not too sure how to take it to the next level. As of now all i do is have a simple all in one macro set up for my shamans and just follow/break follow while spamming while my paladin tanks. Is there anyway to expand that for certain fights like for example i was fighting a bnoss that feared me, I had to reposition everyone one by one and by then we all ended up getting feared again and sorry for the long post.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:20 pm

Re: Round Robin

Round robin is used when you need to break up an ability, or abilities, into steps in order to utilize them more efficiently. For
instance, if you had a team of 5 Death Knights and you cast Death Grip x5, you've just wasted 4 Death Grips for nothing because
you cast them all at the same time. Round robin breaks that particular key map into 5 separate steps so that only one of them
fire off at a time.

In your case, you have to decide if you've got abilities or spells that are tied to the same key which are being wasted. If you do,
perhaps it is time to look at a round robin setup for that key.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:20 am

There's a handy wiki article on Round-robin as well: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Round-robin
<<

beazer247

Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:52 am

thanks again for all the help :), you guys are sure fast!

Return to Key Maps