FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Key Map not working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Malgor

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:25 am

Key Map not working

I have tried to make my key map for my sheep macro for my five-mage team work for all five mages.

There seems to be some problem with the mage in slot 3 and slot 4. No matter what I set as my key binding in WoW to activate the key map it will not work.

It works fine if I change windows and target a mob and click the button manually, however doesn't work on that screen if I use the key combination I have selected, Shift-F3/Shift-F4. From my main mage window I can use the key combination Shift-F1 and my man mage (slot 1) targets the mob I have selected, sets it as focus, and gives it a raid mark. Same goes for Shift-F2, slot 2 mage assists my slot 1 mage, targets the mob slot one has selected, makes that target its focus and gives it a raid mark, and so does Shift-F5 (slot 5).

However every time I try to use Shift-F3/Shift-F4 those two slots don't do anything. If I am in those windows and I use the key combination of Shift-F3/Shift-F4 I think it says "I don't have a target" even if the slot one mage has a mob targeted. If I select a target manually, I am not sure what it does since WoW is down (It's always down when I have a Tuesday off it seems). I do know it still won't set the mob as focus and won't give it a raid mark. However, if I manually select a mob and then manually click the button with my mouse (the bar I have my macro on that is associated with Shift-F3/Shift-F4) it sets it as focus and gives it a raid mark.

I've tried several things to make this work. Changed it out so that instead of regular action bars it uses my G110 extra keys instead. Still the same problem, slots 3 and 4 don't assist/set focus/raid mark. I've tried using different key combinations instead of Shift-F3/Shift-F4, such as ctrl-F3/ctrl-F4 or even numbers on my key pad.

Lax, I think we talked about this once before, but I am still baffled. As my mages now are 68 I'd like to start doing the WotLK dungeons with them and seeing if I can practice the five mage team in difficult situations, and I can get by by doing it manually for slot 3 and 4, but that's not how it should have to work.

Thanks,

Malgor

http://www.privatepaste.com/99d4285823
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:38 am

Re: Key Map not working

Well, there's still nothing different about slots 3 and 4 from any other slots. Unless, of course, slots 3 and 4 have key bindings on Shift+Backspace, in the WoW Key Bindings screen. That would prevent them from assisting windows 1 or 2 in general.

If I am in those windows and I use the key combination of Shift-F3/Shift-F4 I think it says "I don't have a target" even if the slot one mage has a mob targeted.

If you're in window 3, and you press shift+F3, then slot 1's target is irrelevant. Slots 1,2,4,5 will attempt to assist Slot 3, and then Shift+F3 gets sent to Slot 3. It's slot 3's target that will matter.

Depending on how quickly you're targeting things for this, this diagram might explain the problem:
That is, until the server informs window 3 of window 1's target, /assist will not pick up the current target.
<<

Malgor

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:16 pm

I will check the Shift+Backspace when wow comes back up in an hour. Thanks for the response!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:32 pm

I will mention, most people have no idea where such a key binding (on Shift+Backspace) would have come from. Typically it's from having Key Maps enabled, while using Repeater to set a key binding in every window. When you do this, if the key you're binding is already set up in ISBoxer with auto-assist, the window you're currently in will get the right binding, and the other windows are usually going to set a binding as /assist.

I'll have to see what I can do to detect that happening after changing key bindings ;)
<<

Malgor

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:59 pm

When I set it up I had broadcasting enabled for sure, at least during part of it, I may or may not have had key maps enabled.

I also, when I recreated it, did everything in IS Boxer prior to even opening wow. Then I exported and opened wow.

I know when I was setting up the macros for each mage I had broadcasting on so that I wouldn't have to repeat the macro build on each one. I did go and change them individually to make sure they were correct.

We'll see here in a few minutes.

I'm guessing what you are saying is that I may not be able to find where Shift+Backspace will be located in my key bindings? That's where I will search.

EDIT: changed the word repeater to broadcasting since those two things are different.
<<

Malgor

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:14 pm

After checking Key Bindings in wow - nothing is bound with the Shift+Backspace keys. So that would mean it's bound that way somewhere in IS Boxer?
<<

Malgor

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:36 pm

No matter what I change it to - as a key combination - slot 3 and slot 4 just will not assist/set focus/set raid mark like slots 1, 2, 5 will. I am baffled.

However they FTL assist fine on attack commands and my spell sequence macros work fine.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:38 pm

All I can tell you is that ISBoxer is going to press the buttons you tell it to, in the window that you tell it to press it in. I can't confirm anything about your key bindings in the game (perhaps I need to add a way to dump them) or what any given button will actually do in the game. From the configuration you pasted, there is no difference between window 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 -- the Shift+F1 through Shift+F5 mappings are identical to each other, just with a different key to a different window.

If they assist when you press alt+backspace, then they will also assist when you press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, -, =, shift+f1, shift+f2, shift+f3, shift+f4, shift+f5. The only difference is what window you are instructing to receive what key after the assist. If they successfully assist, then it's not a key binding on shift+backspace that is causing your problem.

I also, when I recreated it, did everything in IS Boxer prior to even opening wow. Then I exported and opened wow.

This may be part of the problem and is related to what I said earlier. Say you set up Shift+F1, Shift+F2, etc in ISBoxer. Then you export and open wow. Now in WoW you go to each window and you start setting up Shift+F1, Shift+F2, etc in WoW. However, if you hit Shift+F1 and you have Key Maps on, then it's first sending Shift+Backspace to the other windows, and then Shift+f1 to window 1. This is where people get key bindings on Shift+Backspace that they didn't expect, because that's what gets sent to assist windows 1 or 2, and it comes before the hotkey you're trying to configure. Likewise, ctrl+backspace for assisting window 3, alt+backspace assists window 4, and ctrl+shift+backspace assists window 5. If these get accidentally configured as hotkeys in the game because you did the key bindings in ISBoxer first and then left Key Maps enabled while setting them, then someone's not going to be able to assist someone else, and someone's not going to be able to cast their spell because the spell hotkey got set to shift+backspace or ctrl+backspace or alt+backspace or ctrl+shift+backspace.

It's not a problem with your ISBoxer config, according to your earlier paste. It's 100% to do with your wow config if that is the active config. If ISBoxer isn't giving the "export successful" message there might be something else you need to fix first before it will export. That's about all I can say at the moment

Return to Key Maps