FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] [Solved + fixed] certain keys aren't being passed

Moderator: MiRai

<<

b0b

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:10 am

[Solved + fixed] certain keys aren't being passed

I'm trying to get "shift + T" and "control + 1" to be passed to my slaves, but it doesn't appear to be working. Those two shortcuts are supposed to order my slaves to order their pets to attack my main's current target. I took a break from multiboxing for about four weeks and have started to multibox again within the last two days. I remember those shortcuts working properly before I quit. I wonder what happened? I wonder what i'm doing wrong?
http://www.privatepaste.com/ad355c14a2
Last edited by b0b on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:48 am

Re: certain keys aren't being passed

1. Looking first at the "Shift + T" Mapped Key in the "FTL DPS Keys-hunters" Key Map...

The first action has the wrong target. Change "Do FTL Assist Me in General-hunters Key Map -> all" to "Do FTL Assist Me in General-hunters Key Map -> self" by changing the Target for that action to "Window: Current". The way you have it currently, every slot is assisting every other slot. An example of a properly-configured mapped key with assist is available in the "DPS 1" Mapped Key in the same Key Map.

Assuming that everything else is working properly, that should fix that mapped key.

2. Looking at the "Ctrl+1" Mapped Key in the "General-hunters" Key Map...

This mapped key has no assist action included with it. As a result, your slaves may have no target when they receive the Ctrl+1 key press. To add an assist action, copy the action from a working Mapped Key which has an assist action - the Mapped Key "DPS 1" in the "FTL DPS Keys-hunters" Key Map would be a good one to copy.
<<

b0b

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:49 am

I did what you said to do. That didn't fix the problem. :(

I kind of decided to delete the two hotkeys then sort of start from scratch. Well, I'm not really starting from scratch. Once I deleted the two hotkeys I copied another hotkey twice (5, my aimedshot button) which I know works. I changed the hotkeys in the two copied mapped keys to have the correct hotkeys. Oh, and I renamed the mapped keys from DPS 5 to "Shift+t" and "Ctrl+1". Surprisingly that didn't work.
http://www.privatepaste.com/c9fafd7dec

All of the mapped keys I have, with the exception of these two mapped keys, work fine.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:18 am

The new mapped keys you made look correct.

Given the behaviour you described, either you haven't exported from ISBoxer or the problem is elsewhere. Faced with the same situation I'd:

1. confirm key bindings are set correctly in WoW
  2. confirm that each character responds to those key presses when it is the active window. Note that you will need to turn key maps off in each window in order to check that those key binds work correctly in the current window.

If that doesn't work or fix the problem then I am stumped.

edit: BB Code fail
<<

b0b

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:45 am

Alge wrote:The new mapped keys you made look correct.

Given the behaviour you described, either you haven't exported from ISBoxer or the problem is elsewhere. Faced with the same situation I'd:

1. confirm key bindings are set correctly in WoW
  2. confirm that each character responds to those key presses when it is the active window. Note that you will need to turn key maps off in each window in order to check that those key binds work correctly in the current window.

If that doesn't work or fix the problem then I am stumped.

edit: BB Code fail

1: Hotkeys are correctly set up in WoW. They haven't changed in over three weeks. The hotkey works with the current window, but is not being passed onto to my other characters. If I switch from my master to a slave, the slave can press the hotkey and that works, but the master and other slaves seem not to receive it being passed on.
2: I've exported the changes everytime I make a change.

If I enable the repeater I can get around this problem, even with keymaps turned on. However, i'd rather not do that. The repeater and I don't get along very well. I wonder if the recent patch to ISboxer or lavishsoftware broke something...
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:19 am

I wonder if the recent patch to ISboxer or lavishsoftware broke something...

No, nothing with your config is broken by recent changes. You would either be telling me that a) Mapped Keys or their Hotkeys are broken, or that b) Keystroke Actions are broken. And both of them work. There's also nothing different about Shift+T and Ctrl+1 compared to other hotkeys.

If I enable the repeater I can get around this problem, even with keymaps turned on.

This (and the rest of your posts) would indicate that Shift+T and Ctrl+1 are not being activated as Hotkeys, because if they were, the behavior would remain unchanged when Repeater is enabled.

Here's my list of things for you to check given your description:
1. Make sure when you Export that it gives the "Export successful" message. If it gives an error and does not get to the success message, the export was not completed. It amazes me how many people fail to mention these errors when they have an issue ;)

2. Make sure ISBoxer has the correct folder for Inner Space. In the top pane, select the topmost (root) item, labelled "ISBoxer". In the bottom right, above the "Welcome to ISBoxer 38" page, there is a box for this. Make sure it is the same path there as it is to the InnerSpace.exe you're launching. You can double check the path to Inner Space when it is running by opening the main Console (right click IS, select Console) and enter "cd" (no quotes)

3. If neither of those apply, open the in-game Inner Space console, and with Key Maps enabled, enter the command "bind -list" (no quotes). This will describe every single Mapped Key that is activated. If you want to show that info to us, you can log it to a file as follows: "redirect binds.txt bind -list" (no quotes). The file will be created in the Inner Space folder with the output.
<<

b0b

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:21 am

lax wrote:
2. Make sure ISBoxer has the correct folder for Inner Space. In the top pane, select the topmost (root) item, labelled "ISBoxer". In the bottom right, above the "Welcome to ISBoxer 38" page, there is a box for this. Make sure it is the same path there as it is to the InnerSpace.exe you're launching.

I recently lost some data and had to restore some of it. Everything except for my shortcut to lavishsoftware was restored to normal... while the shortcut was pointing to an old copy that I wasn't using anymore. I was using ISboxer on one hard drive, while Lavishsoftware was being launched from a different hard drive. haha. stupid computer.

Thanks for the help! <3 Problem solved; shift + t and control + 1 is working properly now.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:34 am

Re: [Solved + fixed] certain keys aren't being passed

Cool. Glad we got it figured out :)

Return to Key Maps