FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Noob confusion - Steps

Moderator: MiRai

<<

the gnome

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:27 pm

Noob confusion - Steps

Hi,

I'm multi-boxing EQ2. I have 3 characters set up on IsBoxer and the basics seem to work fine. The problem comes in when I try to do something a little more advanced.

Since EQ2 does not support delays between actions in macros, I was hoping to make a keymap with two steps, each performing key presses mapped to a macro.

I set everything to mouse-4 and the first step fires fine (ctrl-2), but the second step (ctrl-3) doesn't fire until I hit mouse-4 a second time. I'd like to have step two just fire off after a time delay.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:02 am

Re: Noob confusion - Steps

What you are attempting to do is automation and against the ToS of most games these days. That is specifically why ISBoxer does not work in the way you want it to - it is designed not to allow automation.

As a general rule of thumb, if you wish to perform two actions in game you must perform two actions out of game. However, there may be ways to achieve a similar end result to what you want. If you described what you are trying to achieve it would be helpful in providing advice.
<<

the gnome

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:26 am

Oh, wow, ok thanks for keeping me out of hot water, don't want to break the rules. Thanks for saving me from myself and the quick reply. :lol: I am happy that I had everything working as expected though, I kept wonder what I was doing wrong!
<<

the gnome

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:29 am

Alge wrote: If you described what you are trying to achieve it would be helpful in providing advice.

I have four buffs I want one character to cast on another. In eq2 anything more than 2 spells in the macro was causing things to go off. I'm back to the game after a LONG time off, and I think they used to have a "/pause", but must have taken out for some reason.

Return to Key Maps