FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

G19

Moderator: MiRai

<<

duggan

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:43 pm

G19

Quick questions all.

I read the G-series posts outlining how to set up the G-series keyboards. In IS I do see the G19 keys, however I only see keys G1-G12. Is there not an option that I could assign a key M2-G1 as a mapped key?

To make it clearer.

M1 - 12 hotkeys
M2 - another 12 hotkeys
M3 - another 12 hotkeys.

I only see the option for the M1s, not the M2s and M3s. However i can assign a key map to just the M2 or M3, however this means I'm lossing 24 key options. I know i can use the alt/ctrl to assign more, however this is not what i'm looking for.

cheers

mike
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: G19

Here is the thread you are looking for: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1188

I don't have the lights hooked up for the G19 but you can duplicate the logitech keyboard profiler's behavior for them other than that.
<<

duggan

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:53 pm

Lax

Thanks, however I'm very new to this and i don't fully understand what you are talking about in that post.

- Under "file", i click - edit input device.
- new key set - i write G19 - M2, G1 etc.
- do i need to do anything else on this page? |What is that big box below it where i can move controlled names from the default key set over from for?

What i don't understand is how do I assign the keys so that the computer knows when M2 is active and I press G1, that what i want for a macro is M2-G1 not M1-G1 which seems to be the default.

Cheers

Mike
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:22 pm

do i need to do anything else on this page?

What you need to do is have your 3 Key Sets, called M1, M2, and M3. Each one should look pretty much like the screenshot on this page: Inner Space Input Device Editor. The interface is explained by that page, and there's a screenshot that shows how it should look when you're doing it right. You want a different version of each of the G-keys in each Key Set. Once the 3 Key Sets are made, make sure Inner Space is closed (to be sure Inner Space isn't just going to replace it with older data it has in memory) and click Save.

What i don't understand is how do I assign the keys so that the computer knows when M2 is active and I press G1, that what i want for a macro is M2-G1 not M1-G1 which seems to be the default.

Paraphrasing from the other thread: Once the Key Sets are set up, use an Input Device Key Set Action in a Mapped Key to adjust which is active. For example, assign M1 to activate the default or M1 Key set, M2 to activate the M2 key set, and so on. Otherwise, there is no actual link between your M1 button, and the Key Set you made.

So what you might do is:
1. In the top pane in ISBoxer, under Key Maps, select Control (or "Always On" if not playing WoW)
2. In the bottom left pane, right click Mapped Keys and select New Mapped Key
3. Name it something like "Activate M1"
4. With your new Mapped Key selected, then in the bottom right pane at the top is a Hotkey box. Click the < to set the Hotkey to G19-M1.
5. In the bottom left pane, Expand your Mapped Key (by clicking the +) so that under it you see Steps, 1
6. Select the 1 under Steps so that in the bottom right pane you see Step, Actions
7. In the bottom right pane, right click Actions, and under Input Device Actions select New Key Set Action
8. Set the Target box to Window:All w/ Current
9. Set Input Device to your G19
10. Set Key Set to M1

You can do the same thing for M2 and M3.

As far as the LIGHTS you probably want to work on your M-keys, the Light Action will currently only work on the G11 and G15 models (i.e. not the G19, G13, etc). So unfortunately you don't get the pretty lights yet on the G19, but you can use sounds, popup text, or even images on Click Bar buttons to help you identify which is active.

If you absolutely need this functionality, and the lights, and don't want to go through any of that, you can just use the Logitech Keyboard Profiler by running it as Administrator, and have it press different keys for ISBoxer to interpret as Hotkeys.

Return to Key Maps