FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] WoW Key Bindings - no option to Generate

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri May 27, 2011 1:48 am

WoW Key Bindings - no option to Generate

This wiki page http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quick_Setup_Wizard states...

"WoW Key Bindings: Each of your WoW Key Bindings will be in this list. To re-generate this Key Map, right click on a Character and select Generate WoW Key Bindings Key Map. This Key Map allows standardized Formation Key Maps and Interact with Target mappings"

However, for both myself and a user I was trying to help on IRC, the only options that appear on right-clicking a character are:
  • Make Copy
  • Rename
  • Delete
  • Copy character to clipboard
There is no WoW Key Bindings Key map as a result of running the Quick Setup Wizard either.

Anyone have any insight to provide? IS: 5448, ISBoxer: 38.4.519.1

P.S. My WoW accounts are not active but I assume the person I was trying to help had active accounts. I didn't think to confirm that at the time.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri May 27, 2011 8:48 am

Re: WoW Key Bindings - no option to Generate

The option will only be there, for a given Character, if the bindings-cache.wtf file exists for its WoW account. WoW's key bindings are stored server-side and *sometimes* cached in this file. But not always. It might only exist if you go in the Key Bindings screen and adjust some bindings.

The WoW Key Bindings key map is not necessary to have, and doesn't provide any actual functionality or ISBoxer Hotkeys. The purpose of the WoW Key Bindings map is for ISBoxer to be able to, potentially, sometimes, for people who have them cached, automatically use some of your actual WoW Key Bindings. The idea is to send "Move forward" instead of "W". The reality is that this file usually either a) doesn't exist, or b) only contains 5 Key Bindings. So it's not actually used for anything other than the Interact with Target hotkey, which doesn't have a Hotkey by default and I have to provide a section of the WoW Quick Start Guide just to explain how to set it up (http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quick_Start_Guide#Interaction_with_NPCs)

It causes more confusion than it's worth. So for whoever is worried about it, don't be. ;)
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri May 27, 2011 9:49 pm

Thanks for the clarification and explanation Lax.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri May 27, 2011 10:50 pm

I was always wondering why some people saw them and others didn't as well.

Now I know.

And knowing is half the battle.

ISBoxeeeeeeeeeer!

Return to Key Maps