FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Basic repeating key.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Angahran

Post Mon May 23, 2011 7:29 pm

Basic repeating key.

Hi,
I have just started using isboxer toolkit.
I have get some basic keys working across different sessions.

What I would like to do is have a key that when pressed will repeat every x seconds until I press it again.
E.g.
Press F1
F1 gets sent to current window every 5 seconds
Press F1
F1 stops repeating.

Is this doable using the isboxer toolkit ?

Thanks in advance for any help.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon May 23, 2011 8:13 pm

Re: Basic repeating key.

What you are asking for is considered automation and against the EULA of most (if not all) games.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Mon May 23, 2011 9:51 pm

You could do something like this with the Profiler software that comes with a G15.
Probably with the software that comes with most programmable keyboards/mice.

It is a violation of the EULA/ToS for most games.
Which means doing so will get you banned eventually.

If you want to repeatedly hit certain keys.
You could create a mapped key with IS Boxer.
Give it a hotkey, anything you want to spam.
And have it do Key A, Key B, Key C... all at once, or in sequence, really however you want to set it up.
As long as every event it triggered by something you do here and now, as it occurs, you'll be fine.

Not sure what you're looking for, but with more information we might have something that is game-legal and closer to what you want to do.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Angahran

Post Mon May 23, 2011 11:48 pm

Ualaa wrote:You could do something like this with the Profiler software that comes with a G15.
Probably with the software that comes with most programmable keyboards/mice.

It is a violation of the EULA/ToS for most games.
Which means doing so will get you banned eventually.

If you want to repeatedly hit certain keys.
You could create a mapped key with IS Boxer.
Give it a hotkey, anything you want to spam.
And have it do Key A, Key B, Key C... all at once, or in sequence, really however you want to set it up.
As long as every event it triggered by something you do here and now, as it occurs, you'll be fine.

Not sure what you're looking for, but with more information we might have something that is game-legal and closer to what you want to do.

1. If I wanted to know how to do this with a programmable keyboard I wouldn't be asking here.
2. As far as I am aware, as long as I am physically present at the keyboard while it is running, there is no problem using something like this (for Everquest at least).
Basically it's something to prevent/reduce RSI.

3. So, basically the answer is no, InnerSpace/ISBoxer cannot set up a simple repeating key.

All I wanted to to was to set up a key so that it automatically repeats at a set interval.
I didn't think that was such a hard thing to do considering all the other things the software can do.

Guess its time to google to find a simple key repeat program, I seem to recall seeing one a few years ago.

Thank you.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue May 24, 2011 12:28 am

Unfortunately, even if its okay in EQ1...

The functionality is a no-no, in a lot of games.
So I doubt Lax will be adding it to IS Boxer, as he wants it to not be a violation for a bunch of games.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

naPS

Post Tue May 24, 2011 12:30 am

You can do what you're asking with a ton of programs available via a basic google search.

And what you are asking to do is definitely against the TOS for the majority of games supported by ISBoxer, hence the taboo here in the forums.

No need to be a d-bag about things, folks are just trying to be helpful.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 24, 2011 12:38 am

3. So, basically the answer is no, InnerSpace/ISBoxer cannot set up a simple repeating key.

To be fair you specifically asked about xyz through ISBoxer Toolkit, and then you said Inner Space cannot xyz, and this is not the same thing.

There are various ways of achieving autofire, none of which are (nor will be) configurable through ISBoxer. Autofire is considered a cheat, and cheats aren't allowed on the ISBoxer forums. There's not really a point in debating it and arguing about how easy it is to implement, this is just not the place. I'm sorry.
<<

Angahran

Post Tue May 24, 2011 12:41 am

lax wrote:

To be fair you specifically asked about xyz through ISBoxer Toolkit, and then you said Inner Space cannot xyz, and this is not the same thing.

There are various ways of achieving autofire, none of which are (nor will be) configurable through ISBoxer. Autofire is considered a cheat, and cheats aren't allowed on the ISBoxer forums. There's not really a point in debating it and arguing about how easy it is to implement, this is just not the place. I'm sorry.

No problem.
I just asked a simple question and now I have an answer.

Just seems odd that a repeating key is such a bad thing considering all the other things that IS/ISBoxer can do.

Thank's for the reply and keep up the good work. I'm slowly getting the hang of this software.

Ang.
<<

Drarkan

Post Tue May 24, 2011 11:02 pm

Not meaning to sound like a dick, but whats so hard pressing one key a ton of times as opposed to having an autofire sequence run it for you? I mean, if you're at the computer, whats the need for it? Besides, would't you feel better not pushing the edges of the TOS of whatever game you're playing and risking your subscriptions? To me, IS Boxer rocks with what it does, hell it does alot! I need not ask for more :D
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed May 25, 2011 12:20 am

The point he brought up was repetitive stress injury (RSI). To some people this is a legitimate concern that should be addressed in order to enjoy gaming without physical pain, and to some people it is an excuse to be able to use something like autofire. (Regardless of the OP's personal situation, it is not possible to configure autofire through ISBoxer for the provided reasons.)
Next

Return to Key Maps