FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Target Group Actions - no changing groups

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hephaestus

Post Sun May 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Target Group Actions - no changing groups

What should I see in my actual ISBoxer target groups after pressing a Hotkey for a change target group action. I am playing Rift, so I will use that as an example. I have several different target groups named for various "roles/specs" that my characters play, with the combat keys providing Do Mapped Key macros that target particular class groups (tell Saboteur (All) to press 1 or execute another mapped key; tell Bards to execute Do mapped key for songs, etc...) that work off of the same hot key. I set up change target group actions for each class that remove the character from all the irrelevant classes (for example when changing from Bard to Nightblade I have a keymap that "leaves" my bard's characters name from any target action groups not related to my Bard role - which includes Bards, Group Heal, Ranged; and places the character in the target action groups for Nightblade, Melee_DPS). However, when I press these keys there are no changes to my characters' action groups, they simply stay in the same action group as before (I think they may leave a few). Do you need to have more than one step for "join" and "leave" actions? If it works properly, should I see a change in the names within the action target groups in my ISBoxer GUI, or no?

Thank you
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon May 02, 2011 8:28 am

Re: Target Group Actions - no changing groups

No, you don't need more than one step, you can have as many joins/leaves as you need. The GUI does not currently have a list of ATGs you are in

If your characters are not performing the Target Group Actions, then the issue is probably related to the Mapped Key these actions are in ;) You can use Popup Text Actions to get visual indication of what's going on. I could probably help you identify the problem, but I need to see your config to do that http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13

Also, sometimes people ask me how they can use the Console to find out what people are in a given ATG. Here's the answer:
Code:
relay "name of my ATG" echo \${ISBoxerCharacter}

You can do that in any IS console (in-game, or the main IS console) and it will tell you the Character names that are currently part of the ATG.
<<

hephaestus

Post Thu May 05, 2011 9:04 am

Re: Target Group Actions - no changing groups

Thank you Lax, I was able to get it fixed, I had some conflicting groups setup, the popup text was a nice feature. Is there a similar relay code to determine what step a particular key map action is on at any given time? I have created a "reset" key that sets most of my Combat mapped keys back to Step 0, but it isn't working with all of my characters. I have several layers of "Do mapped keys" for a few of my characters, so I am sure I just haven't reset one of the mapped keys back to zero.
Thanks again for all of your help!

Return to Key Maps