FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

possible to remeber/save mapped key when virtualizing?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MrLOL

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:57 am

possible to remeber/save mapped key when virtualizing?

Hello there!

The main problems arn't game-specific, but i'm running ISBoxer with RIFT (1x Warrior, 1x Cleric, 3x Rogues), so i'm using examples/terms from that game.

I created 3 clickbars so i can switch my rogues to either "bard", "saboteur" or "ranger" mode.
That's because those "modes" use different "main attacks" and different "finishers".
my main character is the warrior which kinda always is "hot".
every hotbarkey-press results in a "main attack" execution on my 3 roques.
i got an exctra hotkey to only execute the rogues "finisher".

in this szenario i will use:
bard = 1x main attack (Cadence) / 4x Finishers (different Codas)
rogue = 2x main attack (either Blast Charge or Spike Charge) / 1x Finisher (Detonate)
ragner = 1x main attack (Quick Shot) / 1x Finisher (Head Shot)

So the main clickbar consists of 3 buttons (bard, sabo, rang).
(in this pic, the "ranger" button is selected to show only the mainbar, cause i don't have a "finisher" button for ranger yet)

if the "bard" button is clicked, an extra clickbar appears to choose the type of "finisher". debuff finisher selected here

if the "sabo" button is clicked, an extra clickbar appears to choose the type of "main attack", cause "finisher" is always same (at my lvl/spec). Blast Charge selected here

so...main clickbar is always present.
"bard finisher" clickbar is only present when "bard" is selected on mainbar.
"sabo main attack" clickbar is only present when "sabo" is selected on mainbar.
"ranger finisher" clickbar is only present when "ranger" is selected (ranger finisher not done yet, but you get the idea)

whatever i choose from mainbar (and then on the associated finisher/main attack clickbar) is shown in color, all other icons are greyed out on those bars.

this works exactly as it should and ofc it also "remembers" what i selected before.
for example:
i click "bard" + "debuff finisher" and then i switch to "sabo" + "Blast Charge main attack".
if click back on "bard", the "debuff finisher" is still highlighted.
same goes for "Blast charge" when i switch now back to "sabo".

currently i always need to select the "finisher" again when i switch on main clickbar.

example_1:
1. i start and select "bard" + "debuff finisher" - working correctly.
2. i switch to "sabo" and select "blast charge main attack" - working correctly.
3. i switch back to "bard". the "debuff finisher" is still highlighted "visually". spamming main attack works corretly. but finisher hotkey uses "sabo finisher" cause that is still virtualized. - error (should use bard's "debuff finisher" here. need to click it again to work correctly)

example_2:
1. i start and select "sabo" + "Spike Charge main attack" - working correctly.
2. i switch to "bard" and select "debuff finisher" - working correctly.
3. i change to bard's "heal finisher" - working correctly.
4. i switch back to "sabo". "Spike charge main attack" is still highlighted "visually". spamming main attack behaves wrong here, cause "main attack" is still virtualized as bard's "main attack" (cadence). finisher hotkey works correctly

i hope this shows my problem and it's understandable.
i could live with those few clicks now, but im planning to increase the amount of clickbars/icons and it would be very helpful to somehow remember the keymap previously used.
it would also make it possible for me to do "feature-rich" clickbar menus.

if you know how to solve this problem or could shed some light into this maze, i would highly appreciate it and prolly others too :)
don't be shy and tell me i'm doing something absolutly wrong!
(I'm still new to ISBoxer, but very excited about the possibilities.)

Thank you for your time (text got longer as i thought)

My ISBoxer config for this szenario @privatepaste.com
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:59 am

Re: possible to remeber/save mapped key when virtualizing?

Well, you can take care of this with some additional virtualization, for example another layer. Virtualization works as many levels deep as you need.

The first layer of virtualization would select between Ranged, DPS, and Saboteur. So for example, STD is now STD_RANGED, STD_DPS, or STD_SABO.
Then, you virtualize STD_RANGED, STD_DPS, and STD_SABO, e.g. STD_RANGED is now STD_RANGED_XYZ, or STD_RANGED_ABC.

That way when you switch to any given mode, that mode still has its attack selected from still being virtualized. And when you execute STD, that is going to translate into e.g. STD_RANGED, which then translates into e.g. STD_RANGED_ABC.

Hope that makes sense. You seem to have picked up pretty quickly on this concept, hope you continue to share your ideas :)
<<

MrLOL

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:32 pm

Hello again!

Somehow i was forced to think to do my final STD virtualization on the main clickbar...
Your explanation shows how it's done and it works perfectly!

Many nested layer to create a fullblown menu combined with the clickbar "mouseover" action come to my mind :)

I attached a link to the final test-version of this szenario (yea, Ranger finisher is still missing. but the concept works and should be easily expandable)

btw i deleted a few unused keymaps and noticed that i had to delete their associated characternames and those keymap names from the characterset first. else they would still show up there after i reload the profile (empty keymaps only showing their names in list)

Thank you very much for your time and information!

final "menu-test" profile @privatepaste.com
<<

hephaestus

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:37 am

Really interesting setup, I love the flexibility, and the ability to "choose" finishers on the fly (i.e. bosses, AoE, etc...). Can I simply import the privatepaste profile into an ISboxer profile so that I can see how this has been set up? If so, what folder for ISBoxer to put this in order to open it, or can I just call it from any folder I like?

Thank you
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:13 am

http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

You can also just save someone else's profile as <filename>.xml and then open that with ISBoxer. By default profiles go in the main Inner Space directory.

Return to Key Maps