FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Minor bug in WoW quicksetup wizard

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tanker

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:11 pm

Minor bug in WoW quicksetup wizard

I just started a new setup for WoW, and I've run into a minor bug. When adding additional teams using the quick setup wizard, the third and fourth teams (and maybe more) do not get added to the General keymap, and must be added by hand.

Also, the new team doesn't get a window layout even if only a single layout is defined. This may be because I renamed it from Default to 'Five Up'
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:41 pm

Re: Minor bug in WoW quicksetup wizard

tanker wrote:I just started a new setup for WoW, and I've run into a minor bug. When adding additional teams using the quick setup wizard, the third and fourth teams (and maybe more) do not get added to the General keymap, and must be added by hand.

Unless you uncheck the Action Bars option on the last page of the wizard, the following will happen when you finish the Quick Setup Wizard for WoW: If the General key map does not exist, it is generated. And then, if it does exist, it is assigned to your Character Set.

Most likely, either a) you unchecked the option at the end of the wizard so it's not touching ANY key maps, or b) you're not using the Quick Setup Wizard and selecting WoW.

Also, the new team doesn't get a window layout even if only a single layout is defined. This may be because I renamed it from Default to 'Five Up'

I assume you mean Repeater Profile, since you select a Window Layout during the wizard and that one gets created for you unless one isn't selected (in which case, no layout is assigned). If a Repeater Profile named Default does not exist, is created and assigned to your Character Set.
<<

tanker

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:01 pm

The new team was assign to the other two keymaps (combat, non-combat). Only the general keymap didn't get assigned. Also, the first two teams created were setup correctly (all three keymaps), and when I just tested it the fifth and sixth got setup correctly. At this point I'll just chalk it up to a spurious failure since I can't reproduce it.
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (64.8 KiB) Viewed 6246 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:16 pm

The new team was assign to the other two keymaps (combat, non-combat).

If it was assigned the Non-combat Key Map, you selected something other than World of Warcraft in the first drop-down box. :)

General (WoW) = Non-combat (Non-WoW)
<<

tanker

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:51 pm

lax wrote:
The new team was assign to the other two keymaps (combat, non-combat).

If it was assigned the Non-combat Key Map, you selected something other than World of Warcraft in the first drop-down box. :)

General (WoW) = Non-combat (Non-WoW)

Yeah, I've been doing too much LoTRO recently. They got assigned to the Control and FTL DPS keymaps, but not the General keyamp

Return to Key Maps