FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Target action group Add/Leave not working?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Morx

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:30 am

Target action group Add/Leave not working?

Hello friends

I've got a problem that I can't seem to figure out.

I have 3 toons that I play in Everquest. I've got hotkeys setup to switch to Toon1, and another hotkey set to switch to Toon2. Toon 3 follows Toon2.

The goal is that when I switch to Toon1, my keymaps only work for that toon. Then, when I switch to Toon2, my keymaps only work for Toon2 and Toon3.

So I've got keymaps set to the same switch hotkey, that will add Toon1, remove toon2/3. And another one, that will remove toon 1, but add Toon2/3.

Then I have all my keymaps target set to the Action Target Group.

My problem is, my keymaps, no matter what I do, constantly go to all 3 toons. :(

Here is a link to my config: http://pastebin.com/Tg1wUWAx

Thank you for any help.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:49 am

Re: Target action group Add/Leave not working?

Morx,

I'm not an expert, but one thing I would try is changing the name of your ATG from "All" to something less generic, maybe "All_Chars".

Alge
<<

Morx

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:58 am

It's not named 4box, and the behavior didn't change. :( Thank you for your suggestion though.
<<

Morx

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:18 am

Just tried making a 2nd action group named 4box2. Thinking that maybe the other toons needed to switch to another action group, instead of just being dropped from the ATG they were in.

This didn't work either. :(

When I change the target of the keymap, to Window/Current, then the keymap does mimic that. So as far as I can tell its a problem strictly with characters not being dropped or added to the ATG. :(

Thanks for any help.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:42 am

First, you can't join or leave a group named all because there's automatically a permanent ATG called all, with every window permanently in it.

Secondly, I'm unclear as to why you have removed Key Maps from your Character Set, added one to every Character instead, etc. When you launch your team, or Export, or otherwise cause a reload (e.g. through the in-game ISBoxer Control Panel), your "Combat" key map will not be enabled until you toggle Key Maps OFF and then ON again -- because it's not linked to your Character Set (because you removed the link), but it's going to be turned on later by Activate Maps.

If you fix both of those things and it still doesn't work, please show a new broken config :)
<<

Morx

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:37 pm

Through the always on keymaps, I do toggle keymaps off and then on again everytime that I export all to innerspace. It still doesn't work when I do this, but I'll go ahead and assign my character set to the combat keymaps.

Per Algae's response earlier Lax, I already posted that I changed the name of my ATG to 4box. That still didn't work. Here's the new config for your perusal.

http://pastebin.com/5HfdNsZb
<<

Morx

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:15 pm

Out of the blue everything started working. I have no idea what I changed.

I did notice that I have to hit my switch character hotkey a few times for it to work. But I just pop it a few times and everything seems to be fine.

I wish I knew what I was doing wrong, but hey, I'm happy for it.

Return to Key Maps