[WoW] Toggle not working properly

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Toggle not working properly

http://pastebin.com/xe7u0YTz

My Paladin team (Gold Team and Gold Keymap, in the Toolkit) have a toggle set up.
But it is not working as I would like.

I have "1" as their spam key (DPS 1 - DPS Mode)
By default this is the default DPS 1 key.
An FTL Assist plus sends "1" to all windows.

I have another key, also with "1" as the hotkey (DPS 1 - Heal Mode).
This key is not loaded by default.
It is two steps, sending Alt 8 and Alt 9 to my windows.

The idea being, I can DPS by default, but have any individual paladin heal the target of choice instead of DPS.
And can toggle each Paladin individually.

I'm using Alt 1 through Alt 5 (or Alt 0 for all toons), as the individual toggles.
They load the DPS 1 - Heal Mode, unload the DPS 1- DPS Mode mapped keys.
And each sends a keybind to that slot, which Warcraft interprets as /Focus.

Similarly, Ctrl 1 through Ctrl 5 (or Ctrl 0 for all toons), as the individual toggles.
They load DPS 1 - DPS Mode and unload DPS 1 - Heal mode.
And sends to Warcraft the keybind for /Clearfocus.

Unfortunately...

If the active character is in DPS Mode, all of the slaves DPS along with them.
And if the active character is in Heal Mode, only those in Heal mode heal with them.

If it matters, in warcraft my DPS 1 - DPS Mode is:
#show Holy Shock
/castsequence [harm] exorcism, exorcism
/cast [harm] holy shock

My DPS 1 - Heal Mode (Alt 8) is:
#show Holy Shock
/castsequence [@focus,exists,nodead] Flash of Light, Flash of Light
/cast [@focus,exists,nodead] Holy Shock

My DPS 1 - Heal Mode (Alt 9) is:
#show Word of Glory
/castsequence [@focus,exists,nodead,help] Holy Shock, Holy Shock, Holy Shock, Word of Glory
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:53 pm

Re: Toggle not working properly

The toggle, as configured, is going to affect the behavior of the Hotkey when used in that particular window. You're toggling between sending 1 to everyone, and sending alt+8/9 to everyone, from each window. (as you have observed)

What you're describing that you want is that you want each guy to know whether to send 1 to himself, or alt+8/9 to himself, when the Hotkey is pressed from any window.

What you want to build is one Mapped Key to handle the Hotkey 1. Instead of having it send any keystrokes, have it Do Mapped Key -> all, where the Mapped Key it's doing sends only to self (similar to the ones you've got now, but 1->self, alt+8->self, alt+9->self instead of sending to all). Then you can either use multiple Mapped Keys there similar to how you're doing now, with one turned on and one turned off, or you can use Mapped Key Virtualization. Virtualization is more advanced, so most people would opt to use multiple Mapped Keys. Up to you, though.

The assist should also be controlled from the main Mapped Key, if you can't let your healers assist for this then you will probably want to manage that via an Action Target Group.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:23 pm

Thank you, once again Lax.

The healers are healing their Focus, so it doesn't really matter who they target.
I've not managed to get Virtualization to work, so will opt for multiple mapped keys, with toggles to determine which are on and off.

Have to add Vitualization to my list of things to explore at some point.
Thanks again.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Methodical

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:24 am

I'm having issues getting toggle to work as well in rift. I have 2 key maps action setup for my cleric one is set for dps spamming the other is set to healing. What I want to do is set one key to toggle off the dps key and turn on the healing key. Both dps and healing key is set to num 0 with multiple steps each and I had toggle key map set to page down. Both rogue key and dps and healing key maps are set to execute on my heal target action group. I even tried to break it down just to shut off my dps key map and that still doesn't work.

Any hints would be great
<<

Methodical

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:34 am

Just saw a similar post on the rift section I will try what's suggested there tomorrow.
<<

Berserker

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:35 am

Methodical wrote:I'm having issues getting toggle to work as well in rift. I have 2 key maps action setup for my cleric one is set for dps spamming the other is set to healing. What I want to do is set one key to toggle off the dps key and turn on the healing key. Both dps and healing key is set to num 0 with multiple steps each and I had toggle key map set to page down. Both rogue key and dps and healing key maps are set to execute on my heal target action group. I even tried to break it down just to shut off my dps key map and that still doesn't work.

Any hints would be great

I've got this working. I'll try to post the complete solution tomorrow afternoon.
<<

Berserker

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:57 pm

It's finished! Finally :)

Please see: viewtopic.php?p=4493#p4493

Return to Key Maps