FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bug with broadcast +click and VFX?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sisyphus

Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:37 pm

Bug with broadcast +click and VFX?

Hey there,

I am trying to create a straight key broadcast + click on a round-robin along with a VFX viewer for three characters (2-4). I have two mages and a warlock and I'd like to be able to select their AoE locations from my first screen. When you create this mapped key:
1. In the first step it let's you do an action target group (all of) round robin. So I round robin my ATG AoE team (three characters).
2. In the second step it only let's you select "others in" the action target group when setting up the click and VFX window.

What happens is that it will continually cycle through the first two characters while skipping the third. If I manually input "all of" in the second step, the entire VFX panel stops working. I tried creating another ATG AoE + 1, with the +1 being a dxNothing window... thinking that maybe I could cycle through the first 3 and it would automatically skip the 4th. But that didn't work either.

Any thoughts?
<<

Sisyphus

Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:41 pm

Re: Bug with broadcast +click and VFX?

Images if it helps:

https://imgur.com/a/0cAS6Jf
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:04 am

You can't type "all of" into the target box. It is not a valid target. The ones which say "all of" or "others in" are Display values, for the underlying actual values (the actual values show in the Action list). You can only use the Display Values if you select them from the dropdown. For anything else you need to type in the Actual value.

If you want all windows, type "all" into the box (nothing else). If you want an ATG, type in the ATG name only. E.g. if it is called Mages, type in Mages.
note, it is preferable that ATG names do not contain spaces - not major, but if you start using more advanced targets, it may matter.
<<

Sisyphus

Post Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:13 am

Great, that page fixed it for me. I just did is2,is3,is4 and now my AoE round robin works for both the click and rotating VFX viewer. I guess it's less dynamic if I make new teams that won't be in those windows but for now this is perfect. :)
<<

Sisyphus

Post Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:46 pm

Maybe one more question, I couldn’t find a way to do it. Is there a way to manually reset the progression through a round robin? I have my cycle through three characters, but it is important that the first character always start the rotation at the beginning of a fight. Right now I am manually cycling through characters 2 and 3 to get back to 1 if I end a fight mid round robin.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:30 pm

Not easily for the round robin you setup with the tickbox.
For these, you need to unload the key map and load it again (Key Map Toggle basically). Depending on the key map, the Toggle might not affect it (by default it only handles the Key Maps with the word Hotkeys in it).

If you want one that auto resets, you need to have a manual Round Robin setup, where you configure each Step of the mapped key to be the next round robin, and you set the mapped key itself to reset to step 1 if it has not been pressed for x.x seconds.

Return to Key Maps